This has shown up in lots of other threads, but to summarize:
1) Your group should decide on a general zone to start your search for a camp site (such as 3:00 and E) as well as a driving route thru the City to get there.
2) Keep in touch while driving thru Nevada, so you know who's in the lead
3) The first group through the gate aims for your zone and finds a camp spot.
4) Once you find a spot, park and send a runner back to put your homemade signs (IE: Camp Chaos, 3:15 and H) at key intersections along your agreed-upon driving route . You can duct tape your sign to the existing street posts. Go back and remove them later in the week.
5) at the same time, send a runner to the Kiosks to post on the bulletin board or computer.
6) Meanwhile, someone can try to get a cell signal to text your friends (this can work sometimes, esp if your second shift isn't arriving til Thursday).
Your runners should be Vets or people w/ good directionality who can find their way back to you.
When your secondary groups arrive, they aim for your general zone, looking for the signs as they go. If they still can't find you, they send a runner to check at the kiosk.
The Bulletin Board at Center Camp is easy to find but best if you send someone on a bike instead of driving a whole caravan there. It's a busy place. The bulletin boards and kiosk maps are easy to use once you're there, you'll figure it out. I think the digital kiosk holds limited hours, but the bulletin board maps are usually up all the time as I remember. Worst case scenario, you'll have to wait till the next morning to find your friends.
Everyone goes through this and it generally works out fine. Just have a plan ahead of time and make sure ALL your drivers are aware of your plan. Make sure you all know what you're looking for (type of vehicles, RVs, structures, etc).https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic ... 86&t=66336