Lumber Deliveries

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
chassy

Lumber Deliveries

Post by chassy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Are there any building supply stores that still deliver lumber to the playa? I've had this done several times in the past, but am not having any luck this year. They've all said that the entry/exit/ticketing process made the deliveries too complex.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Lumber Deliveries

Post by trilobyte » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm moving this over to the Q&A board, since that's a better fit.

Short answer - no, and certainly not at this late stage in the game. In addition to the Outside Services program (whose registration deadline has long since passed), any business whose operations touch the playa (and that includes deliveries) would be responsible to obtain a Bureau of Land Management Special Recreational Permit, as well as make arrangements for fees. That's an even longer and more arduous process, you would have had to initiate that months ago to have any chance of making that happen for this year. That's been a requirement for a few years now.

You'll either need to haul it in yourself, or perhaps post a listing to Share Resources/the rideshare board looking for someone that can help with gear haulage.

chassy

Re: Lumber Deliveries

Post by chassy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 pm

A little clarification (and maybe a bump back into Art & Performance): When I did the same for another art project two years ago, it took finding the right person at the right pro desk, which is what I'm hoping to get. Home Depot was making pre-event deliveries every 2-3 days, with multiple orders coming on a single truck.

And I'll finally be able to get that truckload of extra-soft toilet paper when my glamp runs out on burn night.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”