What do you want to do next year?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
GonzoGourmand
Burning Since: 2014

Re: What do you want to do next year?

Post by GonzoGourmand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:58 pm

1. Coffee camp
2. Double decker bus/art car - espresso bar on the bottom, coffee roastery on top, art all around
3. Roast a cow on the ashes of the man
4. Stained glass hexadome
5. Fall in love

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 pm

robrob wrote:also, after 5 years, i suppose i should finally start reading the goddamn W/W/W book.

we intentionally stayed unaltered thursday evening to go explore the kink camps only to find the ones we knew about (retrofrolic, school of consensual kink) all closed at 6 :/

(once we got home home, i cracked it and saw there was another dungeon that was open til 3am. doh)
We close at 6 for dinner and reopen at 8 then go til 2am. Did you not read the sign at the door?
:?
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

RedHeaven
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Post by RedHeaven » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:10 pm

A good thing to do if you are introverted and are trying to break out a bit, or for anyone for that matter, is ditch the bike at night. Lock it up at camp and walk walk walk all night. More time to interact.

Oh man I have to go back next year somehow. Talking about this is getting me all hot and bothered.

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DrYes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:34 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:I think I want to go to Kauai again!
Big fan. I love love love Hanalei. Learned to surf there. I love renting a small house a block off the beach. Very affordable and so relaxing.

robrob
Camp Name: Love Drippins

Post by robrob » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

pink wrote: We close at 6 for dinner and reopen at 8 then go til 2am. Did you not read the sign at the door?
:?
doh. like i said. we'll read better next year. we want to come play with you folks!

as an epilouge... while we were walking home "empty handed", a pal saw us and offered us a very interesting gift, which, combined with vitamin v lead to the what we both agreed was possibly the best 3 hours of sex we've ever had. Our camp was cleared out for one reason or another, and it got loud. and nasty. really, really nasty. so "sexy night" ended up working out- very well- just not in the way we had set out. :D

anyhow. next year. retrofrolic. we'll RTFM and everything!

DrYes

Post by DrYes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 am

PrincessSparkleParty wrote: and not forget pants.
Over the years, I've learned that this principle is fairly key to a lot of areas of life.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:14 am

DrYes wrote:
Big fan. I love love love Hanalei. Learned to surf there. I love renting a small house a block off the beach. Very affordable and so relaxing.
I'm still out here (on the beach in Kapa'a) and my uplink is really slow and sketchy or I'd post a pic, but I was in Hanalei the last couple days and yeah, that's the Hawaii I like. Not the Vegas-ish fancy hotel bigger island stuff.
It's kinda like the difference between Burning Man years ago before many people knew about it, and Burning Man now, with 68,000 people - more than are on this entire island!!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:58 am

stay in kidsville.

again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:06 am

Hey rob nice seein you on here and it was nice to finally meet ya by chance cursing down the street in front of my camp opinion 2013 :D
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

ringodingo
Burning Since: 2011

Post by ringodingo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
DrYes wrote:
I'm still out here (on the beach in Kapa'a) and my uplink is really slow and sketchy or I'd post a pic, but I was in Hanalei the last couple days and yeah, that's the Hawaii I like. Not the Vegas cheap hotel bigger island stuff.
It's kinda like the difference between Burning Man years ago before many people knew about it, and Burning Man now, with 68,000 people - more than are on this entire island!!
Well, must be many many yeras ago, didn't experience one of these smaller Burning Man, but i only go since 2011 :( Can you tell us more about those good old days. I sometimes feel like its too big allready.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”