Avators

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
HEADBANDMAN

Avators

Post by HEADBANDMAN » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:28 pm

:?: I am looking for a way to make an avator with multiple images that apear in a loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Q_

Post by Q_ » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:30 pm

you might be able to get a free demo, or maybe someone will send you to a better place:

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the wise but seek what they sought

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:32 pm

Or just send me the images and I'd be happy to put 'em together for you. PM for my email address...

HEADBANDMAN

Avator

Post by HEADBANDMAN » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:48 am

:roll: OK I got it to work. This is what I did. I had to down load a Gif animator. I went to coeffee cup animator and down loaded there program. I paid for it but you can get a free version and then your images will have a little coeffe cup on them. Any way I can't get all the frames the same size. I think a better program has this future. One of the frames came out messed up. I plan to fix it latter. Yes I do have better things to be doing but. Yea no. I can't help it.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:09 pm

Aviators?

Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

DVD Burner
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Re: Avator

Post by DVD Burner » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:33 pm

HEADBANDMAN wrote::roll: OK I got it to work. This is what I did. I had to down load a Gif animator. I went to coeffee cup animator and down loaded there program. I paid for it but you can get a free version and then your images will have a little coeffe cup on them. Any way I can't get all the frames the same size. I think a better program has this future. One of the frames came out messed up. I plan to fix it latter. Yes I do have better things to be doing but. Yea no. I can't help it.
Well at least you took out the time to accept the challenge. Other great programs for animating IMO are Ulead gif animator and Adobe's Image ready. you can adjust the image size with both. I dont think you can with coffee cup.

And Bob........Aviator? :shock: You feeling ok? :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

shitmouse

Post by shitmouse » Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:09 pm

Adobe Image Ready IS a good way to do animated gifs as dvd mentions, and a great way to optimize that file for small 'k' size is FireWorks from macromedia. that app is impressive on making small files.
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=

DVD Burner
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:43 am

I just got what Bob was talking about. It's spelled Avatar.
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Image Composter

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:18 am

Microsoft Image Composer will do it. I got the disk free inside Microsoft Frontpage 2000. Maybe you did too?
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

HEADBANDMAN

Post by HEADBANDMAN » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:11 pm

:idea: Getting better. I am still using the coeffe cup giff animator. You have to resize all the images your self. Where does that word Avatar come from any way??

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Avatar

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:34 am

HEADBANDMAN wrote: Where does that word Avatar come from any way??
Sandscrit or some other Indian language. The Hindo gods have multiple identities called "Avatars." I believe Durga is an avatar of Kali (or maybe vice versa) but any other examples I come up with is going to be sheer guesswork on my part. If this is not a full enough explination, I suggest Googling it. Unless some other e-playan chooses to take up the torch.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

HEADBANDMAN

Post by HEADBANDMAN » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:50 pm

THANKS. OK SO I GOT IT NOW. BUT THE IMAGES ARE NOT THAT SHARP. I GUESS WHEN YOU CAN ONLY HAVE 80 P x80P YOU JUST DON'T GET A LOT OF PICTURE WITH THAT.

HOW ABOUT THE YAHOO AVATAR. IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE THEM LOOP. I LOADED IT THE SAME WAY BUT IT DOES NOT LOOP. :x

emily sparkle

Post by emily sparkle » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:07 pm

CAPS LOCKS! AAAAAH!

sounds like you're yelling! *grin*

um... i've uploaded animated gifs for my AOL icon. it definitely used to work. i haven't animated it in a while though...

good luck!
:) emily sparkle
eplaya administrator
___

mobilize, energize, motivate, INSPIRE ordinary people to do things to improve their quality of life.
- nobel peace prize winner, wangari maathai

Mister Jellyfish Mister

site down

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:17 am

I noticed E-playa and BurningMan.com were both down the other day. Now I see that many people's avatars have been erased. Just a note to let you know that you can re-upload yours as I did in the "Profile" section. Maybe it's time for a fresh one anyway...? Show us the new you!

Also, the GIF animator in the Image Composer program that came free with Microsoft Frontpage 2000 works pretty good now that I have played with it a little more. If you have the program and need some help animating your avatar, just let me know and I'll be happy to help.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

LostMachine

New Avatar

Post by LostMachine » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:27 pm

I just made a new avatar, ironically it is my baby workshop mascot who is named CapLocs (no “k”). His left eye was made out of the Cap Locks key that was ripped out of my keyboard after one too many accidental engagements. In my opinion the key is the most pointless key on the keyboard. It was carried over from the typewriter when it was the only way of differentiating text for titles and other headings. In now has no practical purpose other than annoying those that are easily annoyed.
www.LostMachine.com

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: New Avatar

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:33 am

LostMachine wrote:I just made a new avatar, ironically it is my baby workshop mascot who is named CapLocs (no “k”). His left eye was made out of the Cap Locks key that was ripped out of my keyboard after one too many accidental engagements. In my opinion the key is the most pointless key on the keyboard. It was carried over from the typewriter when it was the only way of differentiating text for titles and other headings. In now has no practical purpose other than annoying those that are easily annoyed.
Ooh, Ooh We could replace it with an "Enter" key on the left side! Another hangover from the typewriter. But I do miss the cent sign. And we've GOT to do something about the Qwerty.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”