Last minute: Saying YAS at the Playa

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
doc_danny
Burning Since: 2007

Last minute: Saying YAS at the Playa

Post by doc_danny » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:06 am

Ok, fellow burners, we might be a tad late. Anyways, we decided to get married this year at home (aka the Playa)...right now thinking Thursday, sunrise @ the Temple...

Hey, at least I already filled out the online pre-fill form for the marriage license - and hope this works even if we are flying in from Bavaria...

Now comes the issues: we have no officiant yet, no photographer (oh and no witness, in case we need one) - we decided this to be our show and therefore not having family and friends with us --- just you fellow burners

Anyone who would enjoy making a dream come true?

Art car, who would drive us, officiant, witness, photographer, handpan player, all other sorts of music...

CU soon

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Last minute: Saying YAS at the Playa

Post by trilobyte » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to the Q&A board, since wedding planning discussions are a better fit for the general preparation board. You may care to take a look through some of the other threads, as the subject comes up fairly regularly. Good luck getting your plans worked out!

mariagauthier
Burning Since: 2010

Post by mariagauthier » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Greetings,

I am an Ordained Minister and would be happy to do your ceremony. PM if you are interested and we can make some plans.

Blessings,
Maria

curiousjosh

Post by curiousjosh » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Danny!
I'm a 14 year veteran who also specializes in photography. I shot burning man for Village Voice media for years (as CuriousJosh) so I'm really reliable on playa, and I also shoot weddings regularly and have a great wedding portfolio that I'd be happy to show you, but I don't want to post here since it would be advertising.

if you want, give me a call at 3234625674 and I'll send you samples of my work.

cheers!
-Josh
(CuriousJosh)

doc_danny
Burning Since: 2007

Post by doc_danny » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 am

Hi Maria!

Sorry for taking so long. We were getting packed and have just boarded for SFO! Yeah! All so excited!

Let's talk once we have settled in tomorrow. Ok?

All the best! And thank you again!

Ralf

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”