When to arrive

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
turquoisekestrel
Burning Since: 2018

When to arrive

Post by turquoisekestrel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm

The ultimate noob question, sorry in advance :oops:

So the event starts on Sunday August 26th, and we shouldn't arrive before 1 minute after midnight. Meaning 00.01 on Sat night/Sun morning or Sun night/Mon morning?

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: When to arrive

Post by lucky420 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm

I believe it is 1 minute after 12 am on Saturday night, meaning Sunday morning super early 1 min after Saturday’s midnight
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

turquoisekestrel
Burning Since: 2018

Post by turquoisekestrel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm

cheers!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Please be aware that the local highway authority, NDOT, Highway Pratol, and others may ask the organizers to change the gate opening time for a variety of reasons.

Weather, wildfires, road conditions, etc can all lead to changes prior or during the event.

Subscribe to the newsletter Jack Rabbit Speaks for all official notices.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Oh yeah that part ^^

Good advice
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

Token wrote:Please be aware that the local highway authority, NDOT, Highway Pratol, and others may ask the organizers to change the gate opening time for a variety of reasons.

Weather, wildfires, road conditions, etc can all lead to changes prior or during the event.

Need to preemptively start fires in July. A little planning goes a long way.....Just say'n.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 am

FlyingMonkey wrote:
Token wrote:Please be aware that the local highway authority, NDOT, Highway Pratol, and others may ask the organizers to change the gate opening time for a variety of reasons.

Need to preemptively start fires in July. A little planning goes a long way.....Just say'n.
But what about the suicidal bunnies? Where will they flee but the long stretch of road? ;)

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 am

Token wrote:
FlyingMonkey wrote:

But what about the suicidal bunnies? Where will they flee but the long stretch of road? ;)
I saw enough flat bunny's on the road in to make a shade structure out of. I was surprised by how many of those long-eared galoots had run out in to traffic when they are surrounded by so much nothingness.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

DrLoveMachine
Burning Since: 2017

Post by DrLoveMachine » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:56 am

A related question. I was on the Burner Express bus least year so I have no experience with the traffic situation.

In terms of your total waiting time, is there any benefit in showing up 6-12 hour prior to the gates opening to get a better spot as opposed to showing up during the night when traffic is moving?

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 am

DrLoveMachine wrote:A related question. I was on the Burner Express bus least year so I have no experience with the traffic situation.

In terms of your total waiting time, is there any benefit in showing up 6-12 hour prior to the gates opening to get a better spot as opposed to showing up during the night when traffic is moving?
If you show up early (before gate opens) you will be sent to a separate lot where you will wait. This doesn’t mean that you’ll be let in any earlier than people arriving right on time. The rule of that lot is; first one in=last one out. The people waiting in the lot are then filtered into the main line.

Don’t show up early like that, you gain nothing
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

DrLoveMachine
Burning Since: 2017

Post by DrLoveMachine » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 am

Thanks for both answering my question and explaining how the system works. Much appreciated!

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”