A whole family branch of newby's

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
shannon

A whole family branch of newby's

Post by shannon » Fri May 06, 2005 3:05 pm

I am going to burning man this year with my mother! She taught me to enjoy good loud music, she loves to dance, and sing, and laugh, and I am so happy to get to be by her as we experience this. We will be attending with about 20 of our closest family and friends. My husband, her husband, both of my sisters, both of her sisters and two brothers, some of their spouses and adult children. We are a large strong family of people that try to get together a couple of times a year to celebrate life. We all miss the same person in our lives. Our matriarch Lucia, or Lucille, or Lucy if you knew her. We are not a theme camp, but we are Camp LucyB, and we are all family. I look forward to seeing EVERYONE there.
shannon sms

ThePikey

Post by ThePikey » Fri May 06, 2005 3:19 pm

The family that Burns together stays together!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri May 06, 2005 4:49 pm

See ya all on the playa.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

falk

Post by falk » Fri May 06, 2005 7:30 pm

Awesome.

My neighbors are talking about going with their kids. I think it's great. (I warned them that this isn't camping in Yosemite.)

HughMungus

Re: A whole family branch of newby's

Post by HughMungus » Fri May 06, 2005 9:28 pm

Oh. My. God.
shannon wrote:I am going to burning man this year with my mother! She taught me to enjoy good loud music, she loves to dance, and sing, and laugh, and I am so happy to get to be by her as we experience this. We will be attending with about 20 of our closest family and friends. My husband, her husband, both of my sisters, both of her sisters and two brothers, some of their spouses and adult children. We are a large strong family of people that try to get together a couple of times a year to celebrate life. We all miss the same person in our lives. Our matriarch Lucia, or Lucille, or Lucy if you knew her. We are not a theme camp, but we are Camp LucyB, and we are all family. I look forward to seeing EVERYONE there.
It's what you make it.

mojo

Post by mojo » Mon May 09, 2005 1:10 pm

Be sure to bring a burnable memento of your matriarch to burn with the temple on Sunday. We brought photos of our lost dad (died a week before last year's event) and were incredibly moved and brought together by the temple phenomenon.
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”