Good Nasal Health Suggestion - Not for Naturopaths!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
Orghua

Good Nasal Health Suggestion - Not for Naturopaths!

Post by Orghua » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm

If you are like me, the inside of your nose and nasal passages get dry and painful on the Playa. This worked great last year. Purchase a tube of Carmex from your local drugstore. Not the stick, the tube, it's a medicated, mentholated vasaline. Once or twice a day, when my nose gets really dry, and when I wake up, I line the inside of my nose, as far up as I can stick my baby finger (sorry to be gross, but this works) with the Carmex. Wait about ten minutes or so, then blow your nose, and all the dry crap will come out, leaving your nose feeling clean and refreshed. Then, if required, I take a hit of nasal spray (xylometazoline HCL) to keep me breathing free all day.

Hope this helps someone out there!

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:08 pm

I used "Ocean" Saline Nasal spray once or twice a day ....very helpful in unclogging those EvilDustBoogers...............

...........Hey That`s Me!!!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:12 pm

I live in Utah, same dry climate, so I'm dry as a bone all year. I do not reccomend moving to Utah simply for nasal health.

XS

Nasal Saline

Post by XS » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:04 pm

Nasal Saline Baby! We rinse the dust off our bodies, why not out of the Schnoz?! I got hip to this the first year, and yes EDB, is does help keep down the Evil (Playa) Dust Boogers. Not that we don't love ya, EDB! Just don't want ya livin' up my nose, fool. ;)
Too much is never enough.

Mithra

Post by Mithra » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:01 pm

Henry's has Nasil saline with aloe. Use it every year.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”