First Time - Sorry for a lot of questions! Thank you!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike
SarahAnn_Love
Burning Since: 2019

First Time - Sorry for a lot of questions! Thank you!

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm

First Time - Sorry for a lot of questions!

I'm coming from the East Coast...

- What is the best way to transport pillows/blankets?

- Do I definitely need a bike? If I buy one when I get out there I will not be able to bring it back on the plane - is there a way to donate it somehow?

- I have probably the worst bladder in the world...how far away are porta potties from each other? Also if I'm at a car/camp during a musical set will I have to travel far to use a bathroom?

- What do we do in the event of emergencies, not likely that there will be any but just in case...

- Best suggestions on getting to and from airport/playa?

- LED light strings are good enough to wear?

- Does anyone have a packing list I should consider?

- Any other suggestions, tips, etc. would be more than appreciated... muchhh love <3

Thank you!

Sham

Re: First Time - Sorry for a lot of questions! Thank you!

Post by Sham » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm

SarahAnn_Love wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm
First Time - Sorry for a lot of questions!

I'm coming from the East Coast...

- What is the best way to transport pillows/blankets?

- Do I definitely need a bike? If I buy one when I get out there I will not be able to bring it back on the plane - is there a way to donate it somehow?

- I have probably the worst bladder in the world...how far away are porta potties from each other? Also if I'm at a car/camp during a musical set will I have to travel far to use a bathroom?

- What do we do in the event of emergencies, not likely that there will be any but just in case...

- Best suggestions on getting to and from airport/playa?

- LED light strings are good enough to wear?

- Does anyone have a packing list I should consider?

- Any other suggestions, tips, etc. would be more than appreciated... muchhh love <3

Thank you!
Hi Sarah Ann and welcome to eplaya.
Do you have a ticket already? In my signature below, you will find links to the First Timer's Guide and the Preparation Guide. That should answer most of your questions.
The area for Burning Man is 7 square miles. A bike is highly recommended. Porta potties are located on every second street and easily accessible. You may want to keep a pee bottle in your camping area to save middle of the night trips to pee.
You could use a space bag for blankets and pillows. They shrink down pretty small when the air is removed.
LED lights are perfect and the Burner Express can get you to the playa.
There are many threads on eplaya with great tips and tricks for first timers. Make yourself at home here and poke around.
Good luck on your prepping.
Sham....

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:06 am

I'd suggest you spend more time reading and less time answering questions already asked and answered. Sham's links are a great place to start, then use Google to search ePlaya.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

SarahAnn_Love
Burning Since: 2019

Post by SarahAnn_Love » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you so much!

GingerPixY34
Burning Since: 2015

Post by GingerPixY34 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 pm

IF u ride B×B make sure your carry on has: water,goggles,quality head lamp,face mask & "undarkwad" body lights..
second yr i went my bag that had all mentioned items...ended up on a different bus than me!!!
the sunrise quest for my remaing bags & 3 gals of water @theB×B depot the next day was stressful but fun met awsome souls on the way & even got a ride on an art car back to camp.

Return to “Q & A Tips and Tricks”