Like 4 Real

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
dadara

Like 4 Real

Post by dadara » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:37 am

I am very excited to share my new Burning Man project with you! It will be my sixth project on the Playa after the Fools Ark in 2002, the Burning Greymen in 2003, Checkpoint Dreamyourtopia in 2008, the Exchanghibition Bank in 2011, and the Transformoney Tree in 2012. I can't wait to go back and do another international art project! So what will my new project be? I hope you "Like" it, and if you want to Like 4 Real you can support our crowdfunding page on Indiegogo .........

Like 4 Real - Your Spiritual Path to Enlikement.

What happens if Facebook vanishes into the digital ether, or the Spring of Eternal Likes dries up one day?

It's Time to Like4Real

We live in an excitingly chaotic time, where we are witnessing the transition from an industrial to a digital existence. Everything we thought we knew has become the new unknown, and our social, political and economic structures are continuously being redefined. Many of us now fine tune our core values, and interpersonal relations under the bluish light of our computer screens. The question is, can social media strengthen our real physical and emotional bonds as human beings, or will they disrupt our social structures, turning us into Like-clicking autistic zombies?

The Petri Dish

This is why we think that the barren plains of a desert - still largely untouched by the virtual tentacles of the world wide web - is the ideal place to explore the roles and values of Liking each other. It's a place where the time always seems to be 'now', and connecting with other people is serendipitous. There's no need to 'check in' and find each other through Facebook or Foursquare.

The Project

The Like4Real project brings human interaction and human relations back to where they belong, from its virtual realm to its natural reality.

We believe that society needs to focus on real actions and intentions, rather than the symbolic reward bestowed on things by a mouse click. We must never forget that the real rewards of Liking bloom within ourselves and inside our communities. Clicktivism is not Activism.

Will we be able to Like if Facebook vanishes into the digital ether? What if the Spring of Eternal Likes dries up one day, will we go bankrupt because of our investments in accumulating Likes?

Will society ever look beyond the algorithms, which form the Soul of Likes, and rediscover the act of Liking deep inside our own selves? Or will we start panicking and become clueless when we can’t express our Likes anymore with one click of a button.

The Installation

The installation is a big open-shaped Golden Like symbol, which stands on a massive black altar-like structure, with six big steps leading up to the Like. Each step is 2 feet high, and serves as a place to sit and chill and/or mingle.

A second flight of smaller stairs in the middle of the structure leads up to the Like symbol. These have one feet high steps, and visitors will be requested to take off their shoes before entering the installation.

On Friday night, the Like symbol will be burned, and thus will be given back from its virtual realm to its natural reality.

After its burn, as a Phoenix emerging from hot ashes, Like4Real will rise to become an ongoing project in the real world, where we aim to explore the various facets of our real and virtual relationships.

Like 4 Real

In our perception Like has become the new Gold, however it has lost its real value and meaning. Like became just another commodity, waiting to be cashed.

But it does not have to be like that: Like is an inherent part of our Human Nature, Like is Free!

Like 4 Real!

Yours Dreamingly, Dustingly, and Likingly

Dadara

PS of course this project is on Facebook as well: https://www.facebook.com/Like4Real
CEO and Founder
Exchanghibition Bank
The Art of Turning Art into Money
[url]http://www.artasmoney.com[/url]

dadara

Re: Like 4 Real

Post by dadara » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:39 am

I feel that all the recent NSA controversy is adding a nice layer to the whole project......

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:16 am

That's awesome!

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:04 pm

It gonna burn real pretty like.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

dadara

Post by dadara » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm

CapSmashy wrote:It gonna burn real pretty like.

That Burning Like will look great on Facebook :evil:

dadara

Post by dadara » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:54 am

I wrote a personal story about the project, what we did, the philosophy, the controversy, etc. and posted it (of course.......) on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/dadara/l ... 9474642873

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 am

it burned nicely... :twisted:
Attachments
photo.JPG
Frida Be You & Me

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:it burned nicely... :twisted:
Made me think of this.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

Return to “2013 Art & Performance”