Playa Choir seeks musicians

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
mamasaid

Playa Choir seeks musicians

Post by mamasaid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:10 am

The playa choir, in it's 8th year seeks a competent, committed bass player.

Must be able to provide your own equipment, be committed to the rehearsal schedule and services, be a competent player who can groove, and if you are not a fast reader, be willing to learn the music aHEAD of time. Please shoot me an email with your information, and a place where I can hear your music. (sound cloud, youtube, whatever…)

we rehearse:
w,th,f,s at 10:30 am-12:30pm
Sunday-10am call, 11am service (usually done by 12:30.

Electric bass is best, but upright would be appropriate too.

Contact me at:
madis_service@yahoo.com
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

mamasaid

playa choir seeks musicians...

Post by mamasaid » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

The playa choir is seeking:

bassist
keyboardist
percussionists/hand drummers

Must be competent players with some experience playing for (or willingness to play with) choirs/singers. Please be able to groove, read (at the very least, well enough to have the music prepared before you hit the rehearsal) and add your soulful element to the playa choir experience. last, you must be able to commit to our rehearsal schedule, which is:

w,th,f,sat 10:30am-12:30pm (I don't necessarily need you on wednesday)
sunday performance 10am call, 11am downbeat...
on sunday, we give an ecumenical, non-dogmatic, gospel-infused, playa-style sunday service

Contact Madi at
madis_service@yahoo.com
please send me some sort of way I can hear you, and tell me about yourself musically.

links to footage of playa choir can be found at:

www.kathleenhollingsworth.net

love
madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

Return to “2013 Art & Performance”