Gypsy music for your camp

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
MAKEDON
Burning Since: 2011

Gypsy music for your camp

Post by MAKEDON » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 am

I know this is last minute, but I am trying to line up some dj gigs at the Burn this year. Yep, I'm a dj just like everybody else at the festival. But unlike most other djs, I've been doing something distinctly innovative yet remarkably well received by burners, ravers and other hippies. Basically I mix horny balkan gypsy music with big phat electronic beats. So if you have a sound system out there and want to have a dance party, hit me up.

To give you an idea of what it sounds like, ere is the recording of my set from Photosythesis festival a few weeks ago.
https://soundcloud.com/makedon/photo2013

Here is a short video of the dance floor during that set.

-Makedon

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Gypsy music for your camp

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 pm

I can't help you. But I might be interested in knowing more about balkan and gypsy music. Although, not necessarily EDM...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Gypsy music for your camp

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Wow, really cool and UNIQUE toons. Sorry, but if I was going this year, you'd be more than welcome in my camp.

I am sure you will find a place. :coffee:

Return to “2013 Art & Performance”