Is the BMIR audio stream really live?

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
reader2580
Burning Since: 2018

Is the BMIR audio stream really live?

Post by reader2580 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:22 am

I have been listening to the BMIR audio stream on and off through Windows Media Player. Is this really live, or are they replaying from earlier in the week? For the past few days I keep hearing promotions for events such as Tutu Tuesday that happened several days ago. I just a few minutes ago heard a promotion for something that happened back on Tuesday and it is Sunday today.

Canoe

Re: Is the BMIR audio stream really live?

Post by Canoe » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 am

Must be. I can't imagine anyone needing to sleep in this morning...
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

reader2580
Burning Since: 2018

Post by reader2580 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:06 am

I think I figured it out. If you hit stop in Media Player and then hit replay later it seems to start playing an archived copy of the stream instead of going back to live. I restarted my Media Player and now I'm pretty sure I'm getting the live stream as they were talking about the temple being prepped for the burn tonight.

BurningDaylight
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Abstininthe

Post by BurningDaylight » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 am

I believe that during the week and possibly the week before BM, it is live. People submit promotional spots that just get played, probably without checking.

Incidentally, other times of the year there is no dj, and I'm not sure how the music list is created, but I suspect it's some sort of randomized playlist. In some players, if you cue it up then pause for an hour or two, you can then skip over any crap you don't want to hear. I love it, but there is plenty of crap.
Just up or still up?

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Post by lemur » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:00 am

they often play spots and adverts for things that already happened over the air... I got bmir on 24/7 in my tent for background noise and I can assure you that yep... its live and not 5 days delayed
Don't link to anything here!

Return to “2013 Art & Performance”