dome on top of dome?

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
gitnauk

dome on top of dome?

Post by gitnauk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:36 am

hey guys! Last year I'm pretty sure I saw that someone had built stacked domes, as in a geodesic dome on top of a larger geodesic dome (and I'm pretty sure it was daytime and I was sober). Does anyone remember seeing this or could point me to some pics of it?
Thanks!!
Amanda

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: dome on top of dome?

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:49 am

In 03 or 04 someone on the board built one. Snowman shaped. Robotland/Planet Steve? I think. He rarely comes around here anymore. I can't remember the name of the woman who does come around, there was a whole "Tour of Domes" thing that was going on that year. She was on it, and might remember.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm

We did an inverted mini dome on top of one of ours in 2010 and 2012. Called it the "crows nest". I will look for a picture.

You interested in doing something similar or just picture shopping? :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

gitnauk

Post by gitnauk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 pm

ooh, thankee!

definitely interested in building. :D My camp currently has one 16ft radius dome.
Once upon a time, we concocted this idea for a ridiculous spaceship: http://bit.ly/1dKaegQ

Return to “2013 Art & Performance”