Liquor on mutant vehicles

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.
Ever
Burning Since: 2003

Liquor on mutant vehicles

Postby Ever » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm unable to find rules pertaining to alcohol serving and/or consumption on a mutant vehicle. I've heard a few different opinions but all are yet to have a source.

Are you allowed to serve and/or drink on a car (assuming 21+)? What if the driving cab is open or within arms-reach from where drinks are going around?

Burning Man obviously falls under local laws, but I'm simply trying to get my head around the specifics. Thanks for any constructive advice!

Sham

Re: Liquor on mutant vehicles

Postby Sham » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:39 pm

You may not have any liquor in the cab of a vehicle and also within arms length of the driver. It's wise to be aware of the condition of your passengers, as it's your responsibility for their safety. You never want to have a drunk passenger jump from your vehicle---even if the speed limit is 5 mph---STRICTLY ENFORCED!
If there is any type of incident with the vehicle, the driver WILL be tested for alcohol and drugs. I've seen it before.

There you have it. Drive safe. :D

BRCDMV
Camp Name: Department of Mutant Vehicles

Postby BRCDMV » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Ever,

First off, as always if you have questions regarding your Mutant Vehicle license, the rules, etc. you can email the DMV directly at dmv@burningman.com.

Shambala is correct regarding the rules. No alcohol within the 'cab' if there is one, or arm's reach of the driver.

You are allowed to serve alcohol, but the server/MV operator is wholly responsible for ensuring that anyone consuming alcohol is of legal drinking age (21 in Nevada).

Sincerely,

-Chef Juke for the DMV Hotties

Ever

Postby Ever » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Perfect, thanks guys!

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby lemur » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:44 pm

one of the fav vehicles i had seen and 'participated' in out there was a little bar car

it seemed to have been made on like an ATV type frame..

but the driver sat in his seat i believe it only sat one, and all around him in little doors built in to the machine were coolers for ice, various bottles of booze.. plus he had one of those co2 style drink shooters like real bars have.. for mixers and stuff.

he was working that thing like a champ serving tons of people... it was awesome

judging by his demeanor he was stone sober and im guessing it wasnt strictly legal, but man,.. it was cool.
Don't link to anything here!

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm

It's sometimes hard to define "cab" on some of the mutant vehicles I have seen. :coffee:

gyre

Cab

Postby gyre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am

Return to “2013 Mutant Vehicles”