Seeking a camp!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
nikkorios
Burning Since: 2009

Seeking a camp!

Post by nikkorios » Wed May 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Hello this will be my 5th year out on the playa hopefully and I'm looking for a camp to join up with as other matters will be keeping friends from the playa this year. In the past I have worked on one large art installation, a theme camp, and three smaller camps from 5-15 people.I can bring some skill in woodworking,a little metal working, photovoltaic systems, I love to cook and have no problem working hard out on the playa. I also have a decent bit of gear from previous camps that I would be able to bring out along with a flat bed trailer.

I'm also checking on regional network for the Los Angeles area to find a camp, but I'd like to post this here if a camp thinks I might be a good fit.
Thanks for taking a peek. Hope to see y'all out on the playa.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Seeking a camp!

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed May 29, 2013 8:35 pm

nikkorios wrote:...but I'd like to post this here if a camp thinks I might be a good fit.
You have it backwards. You have to go to camps and show them why you fit. Camps are not going to contact you. Look at the theme camp list from last year, look at the camps in this year's sub-forum and begin working it.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

mudpuppy000
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Yeah, it works better if you find a camp that interests you and then see if they have any spots. :)

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed May 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Theme camps are not advertizing as actively as the prospective members are.

nikkorios

Post by nikkorios » Thu May 30, 2013 1:07 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
nikkorios wrote:...but I'd like to post this here if a camp thinks I might be a good fit.
You have it backwards. You have to go to camps and show them why you fit. Camps are not going to contact you. Look at the theme camp list from last year, look at the camps in this year's sub-forum and begin working it.

This is just added exposure. As I said though I am actively looking through and contacting camps.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu May 30, 2013 10:57 pm

You may also care to use the Spark collaboration tool.

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”