Two happy & open minded Birgins looking for a camp

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
adamsdotter
Burning Since: 2013

Two happy & open minded Birgins looking for a camp

Post by adamsdotter » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Hello fellow Burners!

We are two great friends, 1 girl and 1 guy (not a couple). We are both virgins but wanted to stay in different camps to our friends to meet new people and different, interesting experiences. Very excited!
We have an RV, so we would love to stay in a camp where we can find water and electricity.

Both 27 years old, she is Swedish from Stockholm he is English from Shoreditch in London. We are very open minded, friendly, super happy and easy going people. We will also be very keen to help out with camp duties if/when needed.

If anyone knows of anyone who would like two cool Birgins in their camp - please give us a shout!

Love
Patricia & Nick

Us :D ---> http://adamsdotter.se/nick_pat.png

P.s. If this is not the best place to ask for camps, can anyone let us know where else to look and ask, it's still a bit confusing.
P.s 2 Does anyone know if there will be a list of Theme Camps 2013 just like there was one for last year?

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Two happy & open minded Birgins looking for a camp

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Hola and hello...

If you haven't read the survival guide, you should. It's a great place to find answers and more. There should be a 2013 Theme Camp list out in July (?). You can always look up the 2012 camps and contact any camps that catch your eye there. See if they're returning...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Welcome! google search for things items with eplaya added to them is good for finding stuff on this forum, when you aren't getting the results you want from the resident search function.

water and electrical are sort of built in to r.v.'s aren't they? You might try to do with a little less if that sort of capacity isn't enough. imho. I don't know if any camps provide hook-ups like a privately owned campground might.

Seriously, camping in open camping areas, and meeting your neighbors is a great experience. I met long term friends there that I look forward seeing again each year. You make your neighborhood, and I've had a lot of success meeting people and having pot lucks, and group conversations that way.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

C187
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Welding & Repair / Black Hole

Post by C187 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Why yes you've posted in the right spot. Also the list of theme camps isn't out yet but will be in the following months.
If you haven't yet you should look over the survival guide, since that will answer the most important questions.

As for camps that are looking for people, take some time in this section of the forum to read over the camps that have posted. One or more of them might be looking for people. While you're looking keep your eyes peeled for Couchsurfing Camp, Orphan/Endorphin Camp, and Stag Camp. I'm only suggesting those three because I've heard great things about them in regard to taking in international first timers. Of course thats just my opinion.

Lastly you should be bringing enough water for yourself to use during the week. Also why do you need electricity?
I have a little bit of Savannah with me. Shhh...

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

C187 wrote: why do you need electricity?
What? Is that a real question? This is Burning Man, not an Amish dinner!

Although, asking for electric and water hookups is pretty funny.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 am

As others have suggested, read the survival guide and first-timer's guide (if you've not already done so, they're linked in my signature). You may also want to read this thread - How To Join A Theme Camp. Additionally, you may want to consider using the Spark collaboration tool (linked in my signature, below). Good luck!

Ruleryak
Camp Name: Camp Awesomesauce

Post by Ruleryak » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:Although, asking for electric and water hookups is pretty funny.
I've been seeing a ton of this lately - people seem to think it's an RV Park with lots and hookups - or at least they think there are parts of the playa setup like that.

To those folks - it's ok! Like Trilo and others said you actually need to read the whole survival guide first and foremost, it'll help clear up some misconceptions and put you on good footing to learn the rest of what you'll need to know.

There are service trucks that move throughout burning man, but unless you're scheduling fillup/dump services for a ton of RVs together it's a bit iffy when you'll see any. Park immediately abutting a road with service tanks facing road-side and bring signs like "WATER SERVICE NEEDED" to attract the attention of passing rigs. Also, remember not to display those signs when you aren't around since the trucks will stop and waste other people's time trying to find you. Overall I wouldn't plan around the idea of fillups/dumps happening. Conserve water, take fewer showers and utilize an outdoor gray water evap pond.

If you want electricity in your RV you need to bring Solar or a generator. There is no such thing as public grid power (for free or for sale) at Burning Man. You cannot tie in to "shore power" like at an RV Park anywhere at all. If your RV uses a generator, get a feel for how long it runs per gallon of fuel and plan accordingly. Keep in mind you wont be in it that much if you're doing it right :wink:
Be the Ball at Camp Awesomesauce! Find us at 2:15 & Awe with games running 1 to 6pm every week day

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

Patricia and Nick! Have you talked to your fellow European Burners yet? If not, it would be a great thing.

http://www.euroburners.org/wiki/HomePage
http://regionals.burningman.com/

Being supplied with electricity by any camp is unusual. :) (You may get some giggling if you ask about that when you approach camps.) I would recommend that you look first for a camp that seems beautiful or inspiring or amusing; something you really want to be a part of, because participation is expected. No spectators! Then of those camps whose goals you like, determine which have comforts you hope for, and write a few of them a nice PM or email regarding your skills & talents.

But be ready to forgo electricity and to buy water anyway. It's very normal out there to go without electricity, and to haul your own water in 2.5 or 5 gallon containers, and in whatever capacity your RV allows.

Exp. RVers: Suggestions for House rules for renting an RV
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=34551
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

adamsdotter
Burning Since: 2013

Post by adamsdotter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks very much for you replies, so helpful.

Just to clear things up, sorry about the whole water and electricity thing. A good friend of ours invited us to their camp and said that they would provide us with, 'generator, water supplies, food etc'. We all agreed that we won't stay with them as BM is about experiences and meeting new people, so our friend suggested that we should search for a camp that has this.. Anyway, clearly it's not a common thing and we misunderstood.

EDIT to our post above:
We'll be staying in an RV so we would love to stay in a camp where we can find water and electricity. :wink:

We'll check out the Euro Burners link, read through the survival guide better and checkout the thread about how to join a theme camp.
Again, thanks alot!

/ Nick & Pat

susieclue
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet/Dive Camp

Post by susieclue » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 pm

We in the Black Rock Fun Jet Camp are attuned to the needs of those who come long distances for "our" backyard event. It doesn't sound like you need the typical tent/sleeping bag setup since you have an RV but we offer other amenities such as use of a full kitchen (which you don't need since you have the RV), a hot shower (which you don't need since you have the RV), a theme camp work together environment, camp bicycles, chairs, freezer (which you don't need since you have the RV), generator for night use (freezer/lights) and shared use of the art car.

We are not a plug and play camp but we do band together and two of us shop and pack food and soft drinks for the entire camp. Do you need this? No, but you might like the convenience and time savings.

We're not cheap but we're worth it. We can practically guarantee that you will spend more than this if you do it yourselves. We're a no drugs/no drama/clean up after yourselves and help us with the theme camp camp. So far this year we have 2 Canadians, 1 Brit, 1 Irish and a bunch of yanks. Many of us camp together every year and we love international visitors, especially virgins!

We have room and we love happy and openminded Birgins.

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Hey susieclue, how much are the camp dues?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 pm

jkisha wrote:Hey susieclue, how much are the camp dues?

If you have to ask.........
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”