how do I get a camp listed so people can find it? Like, now?

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
mamasaid

how do I get a camp listed so people can find it? Like, now?

Post by mamasaid » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 am

DUH, I know...go to playa info...

but is there any way NOW to get it listed? before hitting the playa?

cuz I think we've all been stuck in those lovely long lines that sometimes get you sitting still in gerlach for like, ya know...12 hours...that might not get me to PIaya info...

just wondering...
and please be nice in response...My over 40's is just so tired of shnark...

Shnarkly nice,
madi
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: how do I get a camp listed so people can find it? Like,

Post by lemur » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:52 am

listed where?
Don't link to anything here!

mamasaid

Post by mamasaid » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:08 am

on the list of camps on the site that'll actually wind up out there at playa info...

think I may have some folks assisting from the org, however..

as it will be...

love,
M
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:31 am

You can always email people now where you plan on setting up camp. I'm not sure why playa info would be more useful than that.

BurnerBunny
Burning Since: 2007

Post by BurnerBunny » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:19 pm

my guess would be that even if you could get it listed early, plans change midstream all the time. Would be worse to have people going to the wrong place after you end up switching to a better location.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 pm

BurnerBunny wrote:my guess would be that even if you could get it listed early, plans change midstream all the time. Would be worse to have people going to the wrong place after you end up switching to a better location.
My thoughts, too.

Mamasaid, is your camp placed? If it isn't, I would be hesitant to promise people where it will before the event unless you're camping on an outside street.

I have camped a lot unplaced, and our trick was to have people look for a sign at a specific intersection near where we intended to be. Even if we're not at that intersection, people can look for the sign there, and get further instructions to the nearest 5 minutes on the clock.

We have also used a 2-3 sign system, since we always camp on the West side between 7:00 and 9:00.

"Drive up the 9:00 side on the outside street until you see the Camp Sign pointing inward. Turn East towards the 'Man. Drive towards the Esplanade until you see one more sign pointing either right or left; probably F, G, or H. Turn as directed. Look for [camp sandwich board by the road][the blue dome][the white flags][the purple RV]."
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

CapSmashy
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Post by CapSmashy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Savannah wrote:[I have camped a lot unplaced, and our trick was to have people look for a sign at a specific intersection near where we intended to be. Even if we're not at that intersection, people can look for the sign there, and get further instructions to the nearest 5 minutes on the clock.
You have an added advantage though Savannah, the light of awesome that radiates above you acting as a beacon.
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 pm

CapSmashy wrote:
Savannah wrote:[I have camped a lot unplaced, and our trick was to have people look for a sign at a specific intersection near where we intended to be. Even if we're not at that intersection, people can look for the sign there, and get further instructions to the nearest 5 minutes on the clock.
You have an added advantage though Savannah, the light of awesome that radiates above you acting as a beacon.
It's just a little heart-shaped blinking "pet light" for walked dogs. $1.97 on clearance. :mrgreen:
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”