Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
dankjockey
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Copious

Re: Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Post by dankjockey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 am

Theraplst wrote:
dankjockey wrote:I plan on bringing my DJ setup. I switched from vinyl to a controller and need more music. Feel free to bring music on a usb stick and il try mix some of your songs into the sets i plan on spinning.

I mix House glitch DnB Breaks pretty much anything with a solid bassline.

DJ
Camp copious

:D I know some songs I see potential in, I'll bring them up in FLAC if you want. or mp3. either way.

FLAC is best but mp3 also works.

C u in 100 hours.

vishram
Burning Since: 2013

Post by vishram » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 am

What is the best time to start the exodus ? If I want to be in Reno by Monday noon when should I leave playa?

It is such a pleasure to read this thread, so many people coming together to make this camp. Can't wait to meet you all.
See you soon!!

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:07 am

vishram wrote:What is the best time to start the exodus ? If I want to be in Reno by Monday noon when should I leave playa?

It is such a pleasure to read this thread, so many people coming together to make this camp. Can't wait to meet you all.
See you soon!!
Sunday night after the Temple burn, I would think. Or before if you don't mind missing it.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

Theraplst
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hotel Rug

Post by Theraplst » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Since we're getting close to the event I just thought I'd get this restated on the most recent page.
Gorgeous Orifice wrote: Also, just to reiterate. We don't have a set location. The first of us to arrive will grab the best space we can. We will post the location of this space on the signpost at 7 & C and will also register where we are at Playa Info under Camp Hotel Rug. According to the Burning Man website, Playa Info will be at Center Camp & 6, and the Playa Info directory will be manned from 9am to 6pm. So the earliest we may be able to register is Monday morning. We will be trying to find a place somewhere around the 8:30 & H area.

To anyone who wants to join, everyone is welcome. But please make sure to confirm in this google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... MNGc#gid=0
This is so we can plan for everyone and make sure there is enough space. I'll leave it to Drmilamores to decide when we've had enough people.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Sincerely,
Key

Camp hotel rug, Sign at 7:00 and C, looking for a spot in the 8:30 & H area.

See you in the dust!
They call me simba

Gorgeous Orifice

Post by Gorgeous Orifice » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Will also put up an extra sign at 8:30 & H, just to make it easier.

Looking at the google doc, we've got 13+ tents, a monkey hut, 4 trucks, 1 trailer, 5 cars, 3 RVs, a jeep, and a minivan. We're gonna need a lot of space.

Gorgeous Orifice

Post by Gorgeous Orifice » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Attention Everyone! There's been a minor setback and drmilamores won't be able to arrive until Wednesday. That means we need someone else who's arriving early(Sunday 6pm) to grab the space. This will probably require 2 people, one to hold the space, and the other to put up the signposts and register at Playa Info. This will also require enough rope/markers to claim the space. Please let me know if you're able to do this.

If not, this just means some lost time. Regardless we will have a space sometime Sunday night/Monday morning. Monday Noon at the latest.

Firespyder

Post by Firespyder » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Gorgeous Orifice wrote:Attention Everyone! There's been a minor setback and drmilamores won't be able to arrive until Wednesday. That means we need someone else who's arriving early(Sunday 6pm) to grab the space. This will probably require 2 people, one to hold the space, and the other to put up the signposts and register at Playa Info. This will also require enough rope/markers to claim the space. Please let me know if you're able to do this.

If not, this just means some lost time. Regardless we will have a space sometime Sunday night/Monday morning. Monday Noon at the latest.

We may just want to plan to move further back. I can try to make it in early but who is going to make the signs? Can someone tell me who is making the two signs and when they are planning on arriving?

panxil
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: castra indeterminatum

Post by panxil » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Almost time to hit the road!

I don't know what hour on Sunday night I'll make it past the gate, but I plan on heading to 8:30 & H as soon as my feet hit dust. If there is no sign yet posted for Camp Hotel Rug when aphid & I get there, we'll put up a quick one ourselves and let everyone know that we're nearby looking for some turf to grab. I would recommend a similar strategy to anyone else who gets there first!

What's our current guess as to how much space we should try to retain?

I'm excited to meet everybody and make this happen! Have a safe and fun journey to the playa, and we'll see you on the moon!

- panxil & aphid

Khimaera
Camp Name: Hotel Rug

Post by Khimaera » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey guys,

We would love to help at reserving the spot but cannot be sure we will be the first to arrive. We plan to head towards bm for 6 pm on Sunday but we all know there will be a huge line to enter.

We will spend our Saturday night at the Lake Tahoe, have to pick Ryan at Reno for the ride, so clearly we will not be the first in the line.

To me, the question is not really who wants to help at saving the spots, but rather how to know who will be the first among the ones of us arriving on Sunday 6pm. We might even want to try to meet before entering the bm for those who go through the same location... Emwell for Lake Tahoe, Ryan and others for Reno, and so on ...

What do you think ?

P.s : extra newbies question : how to delimitate a camp for 32 groups of 1-5 people each ? :/

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Khimaera wrote:P.s : extra newbies question : how to delimitate a camp for 32 groups of 1-5 people each ? :/
Very quickly.
They call me simba

Gorgeous Orifice

Post by Gorgeous Orifice » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm going to estimate(and tell me if the number seems wonky) about 30 x 20 meters/100 x 60 feet. Though the more the better.

For those of you who are going through Reno early, I think it's a good idea to meet beforehand if possible. I won't be able to since my group is coming in from the North. Is anyone familiar enough with Reno to pick a time and place?

Baguba

Post by Baguba » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:38 am

The Lowes in Sparks is right near the entrance to I-80 about as Far East as you can get in Reno/Sparks before your trip to Fernley. From there you can also take sparks rd north if you want to drive in through pyramid.

Noon on Sunday in parking lot would allow enough time afterwards to do some shopping, get gas and head to BM with time to spare for a stop to get Indian taco's.

I suggest for those getting to the playa first, plan to put the RV & Trucks around the perimeter to create wind blocks. A sorta of Rv horse shoe and the tents inside the horse shoe. I can meet on Sunday but won't get in to BM till Monday evening.

You can block off the perimeter with cars and rope until most of us get there to fill the more permenant layout.

Lowes address: 1355 Scheels Dr, Sparks, NV 89434 @39.530394,-119.71691

There are other shops, food and gas all near by.

vishram

Post by vishram » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am

We are about 32-35 groups and individuals and initial meetup is going to be a challenge. Lets make best use of technology to beat this.
Please add your phone numbers to the camp rooster, I have heard you get network on Playa and this will be of great help in on-site co-ordination. I will add you to "Camp Hotel Rug" whatsapp group. This will also help getting together in Reno/Tahoe etc, which should be much easier than finding each other on Playa.

If you have concerns giving away your mobile number in a open forum you can PM me here or message me on 979-739-2997. Happy to co-ordinate remotely.
may be carrying a hand held placard might be useful as well.

Dusty hugs. See you on Thursday!!
Cheers!!
Vishram

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:11 am

9168994171, text only please.

Vishram, service on playa is VERY spotty when existent at all. Do NOT rely on it.

Anyone else going taking the burner express bus?
They call me simba

dankjockey
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Copious

Post by dankjockey » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:32 am

I will be helping Gorgeous orifice claim Camp Hotel Rug and post the needed signs. If someone arrives before a sign is posted feel free to rope off or flag a huge space, then post the needed signs yourself. If we see your sign (for camp hotel rug) we will find you and we will set up camp there, or drag you to our spot.

When you make a sign it must be to the nearest 5 minutes (8:35 and h or 8:40 and H)

Gorgeous Orifice

Post by Gorgeous Orifice » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm

This may be my last chance to post, so I just want to say--have a safe journey everyone. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Cheers.

Airbender

Post by Airbender » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:11 pm

For help on identifying the actual camp, Key(Gorgeous Orifice) and I will hang a mexican flag by the front. I'll also get a cardboard sign that says "Camp Hotel Rug". Ugly, but functional.

It seems it's about time everyone is starting to head on over. I'll try and check the thread from the road as we get close just for any last minute announcements.

I can't wait to give you all big dusty hugs!

Airbender

Post by Airbender » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Look out for this sign!

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:07 am

I'll get up and make a sign in a bit.
They call me simba

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 am

Heading out!
They call me simba

Baguba

Post by Baguba » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm in the parking lot of lowes in a grey dodge ram, if anyone stopped by. 5408502767

twister5voy

Post by twister5voy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Got my car, gonna get packed up (waiting for my bike) and will head out later today. Should be there late morning/early afternoon tomorrow.

Can't wait to see you all!!!

Baguba

Post by Baguba » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 am

8:20 & J

Khimaera

Post by Khimaera » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 am

Sounds good ! Still 20 miles to join you. But we will.. Just a question of time now ! :)

Baguba

Post by Baguba » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Leaving Fernley now see ya all around 7

cshonk

Post by cshonk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 pm

OK BM family, I am coming in Thursday from Reno around 2pm and have extra space in my car. I've updated Airbender's spreadsheet but am bringing a medical kit, plenty of vodka, sani-wipes, chapstick, and assorted nuts/trailmix. Please let me know what else I can bring to make our camp better. Also, call/text if you need a ride.
Chris (Shonkster) 512-731-7674

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:31 am

cshonk wrote:OK BM family, I am coming in Thursday from Reno around 2pm and have extra space in my car. ...
Don't forget the Reno Rideshare locations: Airport and Savemart Keystone. If you're getting supplies in Reno, consider getting a rideshare passenger first, so they can get their supplies too.
MAKE SURE THEY HAVE THEIR TICKET, or you're on the hook to bring them back to Reno when they're rejected by Gate.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:39 pm

I'd love to find out how your camp was! Loved watching it come together.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

itaintwhatitseems
Camp Name: Blah

Post by itaintwhatitseems » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:42 pm

pink wrote:I'd love to find out how your camp was! Loved watching it come together.
Like most new camps there was probably some sort of power struggle.......almost non of these camps are truly democratic. Most are run by a single dictator (CAMP BOSS/WHIPPING BOSS) or a council of like minded individuals so anything outside of their views gets pushed out and only "yes men/women" are left.

leismanpo

Post by leismanpo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 am

Contrary to your belief that everything must have order, our camp had no organization. We had no dues, no "mandatory volunteer" shifts, no set schedules or tasks and most importantly NO DRAMA. Everything was very organic. Some people that signed up never showed up and some people that never heard of us before joined to create a close knit family. The space seemed so much bigger on Sunday Night, by Tuesday we realized how big our group really was. We shared our food, our alcohol, our clothes, our other items, our party favors.. We had a communal kitchen, communal food, communal liquor. So if you didn't like what your brought, there was plenty to go around. We had seminars and inspirational speaking, music (until the genny died), and lighting. Many people who stopped by were welcomed with open arms and told to pick some poison from the booze pile. It felt great to be told that we had the chillest camp on playa. We had 6-7 people sleep at other camps and spend all their time with us. We had 9 different countries represent and by the end we promised to do it again next year only bigger, better, and maybe with an art car. It was very emotional when people started packing up and leaving. BTW, I haven't sent out e-mail invites because I'm still looking for the list somewhere in the trailer but there is a Camp Hotel Rug facebook group now.
-Baloo

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”