Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
Drmilamores
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Dont have a camp? Join us!!!

Post by Drmilamores » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 am

yes! a friend is arriving early so if shes able and if there is room, se migth be able to get us a spot facing the a street...we will be there early on sunday,and otheres early monday. We can do this!!! sound like its going to be lots of fun guys!!! im sooooooo excited!!!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:42 am

You do realize there is no early entry on Sunday? After 6 PM or nothing, even with an EA.

vishram
Burning Since: 2013

Post by vishram » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:49 am

whoo hoo!!
Finally found a group to camp with!! A BM virgin here and I would love to join you. Got a ticket in OMG sale and still figuring out the logistics.
Love you all:)

Cheers!!
V

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 pm

my friend is arriving mid week... Yes the more people the better! this is all shaping up! its gonna be a great burn my friends, rermember, there migth be some rain so pack for it!

Theraplst
Camp Name: Camp Hotel Rug

Post by Theraplst » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm

woo! So heres what I've got so far for my camp.

2 person tent
8x12 silver tarp
blanket
pillow
propane grill (small)
2 small propane tanks
AND LOTS OF BACON
They call me simba

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm

3-4 easy ups
large carpet
music source
Juicer
a few chairs
water igloos
maybe a generator 50/50%
and more but i cant think now

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:43 pm

a few tents and a monkey hut

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm

One thing I have to figure out is how I'm going to schlep my gear to whereever we're going to camp. the burner express bus says you can get dropped off at 3, 6, and 9. thoughts?
They call me simba

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:07 pm

6--so you can check playa info to see where this camp is.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 pm

I'd highly recommend deciding a rough location to meet up at before anyone hits the playa. The outer rings are usually really easy to find a good spot.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:6--so you can check playa info to see where this camp is.
Aye. DrMilamores, choose a name, make sure everyone knows it and how to spell it, and register the address of your camp at "Playa Info" in Center Camp to the nearest 5 minutes (I.e. 7:35 and H) and have a sign by the street. I believe P. I. is open 9am-6pm. You might also want to post a homemade sign on an agreed-upon intersection everyone knows about, even if it's not the one closest to camp. Bring a huge marking pen, cardboard, fixative . . . )
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Yes will be deciding whare and what street to post the info...still waiting on friends info for location...we are taking a truck and a trailer so anyone that needs to be moved or needs help with anything we can do... im soooooo excited!!!

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Drmilamores wrote:yes! a friend is arriving early so if shes able and if there is room, se migth be able to get us a spot facing the a street...we will be there early on sunday,and otheres early monday. We can do this!!! sound like its going to be lots of fun guys!!! im sooooooo excited!!!
It does not sound like they are a placed camp. That will eliminate any streets before F (A-E) until the gate is open for the burn. If you have an EA (early entry) pass, you should know that.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

Theraplst

Post by Theraplst » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Cool. I suppose I could plan to wait it out/set up temporary camp in the burner express camping area until I can wander and find the camp.

I suggest that we camp on a spoke that connects directly to esplanade. That is to say, close to a :00 or :30. Last year I was camped in the middle of the double block 5:15 F+G, and it was incredibly hard to find my camp the first few days.
They call me simba

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Spokes rule!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

FIGJAM wrote:Spooks rule!!! 8)
There, fixed it for you.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

batman2013
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: any sex camp

Post by batman2013 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 pm

if there's any women that need a free air conditioned RV to stay in PM me. We have room for 2 more

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Savannah wrote: Aye. DrMilamores, choose a name, make sure everyone knows it and how to spell it, and register the address of your camp at "Playa Info" in Center Camp to the nearest 5 minutes (I.e. 7:35 and H) and have a sign by the street. I believe P. I. is open 9am-6pm. <SNIP> )
The 'puters at Playa Info that allow you to register/lookup camps or people are supposed to run 24/7. Dust willing.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Just_Joe wrote:
Savannah wrote: Aye. DrMilamores, choose a name, make sure everyone knows it and how to spell it, and register the address of your camp at "Playa Info" in Center Camp to the nearest 5 minutes (I.e. 7:35 and H) and have a sign by the street. I believe P. I. is open 9am-6pm. <SNIP> )
The 'puters at Playa Info that allow you to register/lookup camps or people are supposed to run 24/7. Dust willing.
That is fabulous; better than imagined! Thank you.

All I knew was that after Playa Info closes, michievious imps often take over, and the most unholy kinds of misdirection tend to take place. So I'm pleased to hear that if a midnight arrival navigates successfully past these trickster gods, they have a chance in hell. :lol:
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

newbiehippie

Post by newbiehippie » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:43 am

Any other virgins coming in on the 26th? I'm gonna be in Reno from Saturday till Monday, and figured maybe we can arrange transportation in when gates open. Might make it easier for us all to organize the camp.

t.t.totally stoked!!

Today
Burning Since: 2010

Post by Today » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:37 am

So is this happening? If so, I would be interested :) Its my third burn, I'm driving down from Canada. I'm part of the victoria regional effigy build crew and have a wed early arrival pass. my email is todd ratch at engineer dot com.

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am

This is happening!!! Ok, I will post a sign under drmilamores on 9:15 & E. I will also go to the info booth and put down the info under drmilamores. My buds and I will be in Reno around noon on Sunday 08/25. Let’s all come together and make this camp amazing! Im soooooo excited!!!

Firespyder

Post by Firespyder » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 am

This sounds like a great idea and a good way to have virgins participate without the fear of a large camp. I would be happy to help you fine fellows. I'm coming into Reno on the 24th and have a box truck reserved for my section 8 RV accommodations. I have plenty of space for a group shade structure and can rig a monkey hut easily. Also that whole messy part of getting bikes to the playa without a bike rack on your rental car -_- So drop me a PM. I tried to do something similar but I guess I tried to early and no one was ready to make any real plans.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 am

Firespyder wrote:my section 8 RV accommodations.
Nice phrasing.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 am

You should post your address info at Center Camp once you've found a spot. I wanna come harass you guys. :mrgreen:
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

andtheskyopened

Post by andtheskyopened » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 am

So glad I found this thread! My lady and I will be driving from NYC and having a hard time deciding to join a camp or not. I love the organic nature that this camp has sprung up under.

We plan to roll into Reno by the 25th, would definitely be willing to meet up if anyone is around.

We are both virgins and in reading the thread am still a bit unclear on how/where we all meetup? Any info appreciated, really look forward to meeting you all!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:25 am

Unfortunately, where the meet up will be is going to be unclear. No space has been reserved, and so the first people there are going to find space where they can meet up. Then they will post that information by street and time. The best possible posting of that information would be at whatever intersection(s) they agreed to start with and at the computers that are in center camp/playa info. It will be your first direct experience of the uncertainty of the burn. Learn to relax with it...
The Lady with a Lamprey

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:00 pm

fyrespyder, is your location already reserved?

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm guessing not. the 24th is the Saturday before gate opens. Sounds like he's shopping and all in Reno, and going in on Sunday. He doesn't mention a project or volunteer gig that would get him in early.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Drmilamores

Post by Drmilamores » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:17 pm

yeah...My friend is getting in a few days before so shes going to try and get a spot but its not for sure. Either way, we can post on 9:15 & E and go from there...i should be in reno around noon on sunday to finish our shopping then head on to the playa and wait in line lol

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”