New Theme Camp at 6:45 and A, seeking members

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
nnevvinn

New Theme Camp at 6:45 and A, seeking members

Post by nnevvinn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi all,

We have a new camp devoted to Effective Altruism.

What is Effective Altruism? Good question. This captures part of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_altruism The part it misses is that some people thing the most effective strategy is to build radically powerful technology in order to solve many problems en masse.

Read all bout the camp here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YPR ... Lma3k/edit#

We have a few spots left!

Cheers,
Nevin

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Re: New Theme Camp at 6:45 and A, seeking members

Post by zorro sings » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:48 am

Must say,after checking the website,this is a very ambitious undertaking for a first time camp and an organizer,seemingly,equally new to the game.I hope you have a good number of campers who can help put it together.Good luck and see you on the playa.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

nnevvinn

Post by nnevvinn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks! I've co-organized a camp for the past couple of years, and learned many lessons along the way :)

Jake Squirel
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Looking for a chill camp to join...

Post by Jake Squirel » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Still got an opening for a small tent, single camper?

BabyG

Post by BabyG » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:10 am

Howdy friends!

My name is BabyG, I'm a 7 year veteran Burner from Toronto, Canada.

I was planning to take the year off Burning Man to save up for other adventures but was offered a free ticket and low cost ride which got me excited to go. Unfortunately that all fell through but now I'm jazzed to go, dogh!

The last two years I went I was on the outer ring. I am hoping to secure a spot at a theme camp this year.

Do you, or a group you know of, have room for myself and possibly others to join??

Please email [email protected] (you can also check me out on facebook with that name, with (G) after it in brackets.. ) or call/text 416.627.1985 as soon as you are able to!

I'm a super cool, super fun, laid back, cute, friendly gal who would make a great and smooth addition to any zone!

Much love, hope to hear from you sooon!

-BabyG :)
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened"- BabyG (",) xxx

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”