Finding a Camp Site on the Playa

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
Osirion
Burning Since: 2012

Finding a Camp Site on the Playa

Postby Osirion » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello! I'm traveling with a group of 5 virgins from the Pacific Northwest, and I was wondering how choosing a camp site works? Last year, I did not have to create my own camp. I noticed there's a walk-in section on the map, and I hope that's not where we have to camp (we arrive at 6 on sunday) :oops: I assume we can set up camp anywhere in the white as long as it's not reserved, first come first serve. I'm aiming for H - between 7:45 - 9:45.

By the way, if you're reading this and want to camp with some cool people, let me know :D We have a geo-dome, a few shade structures, a carpet, a table, a GIANT FOLD-OUT CHAIR, food... and love. I am very-much into the paradigm shift of cultural attitudes and human interaction, Jungian psychology, mythos, shamanism. My virgin friends on the other hand... well, they have an open mind. We'll see how they survive.

lemur
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Re: Finding a Camp Site on the Playa

Postby lemur » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 pm

anywhere in the white area... walk in camping is for camping without cars and is very exposed to weather... you probably don't want that
Don't link to anything here!

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Finding a Camp Site on the Playa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Got a map? You will. It will tell you where the (off-limits) theme camps spot are.
H is definitely in the "general population" zone.

Return to “2013 Theme Camps”