Ride from Reno today

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Ride from Reno today

Post by Jovankat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I got sick while on the playa and had to be taken to Reno. Once I was better I was left stranded there with no way to get back to BRC. Is anyone driving through and able to give me a lift back to the city please?

Canoe

Re: Ride from Reno today

Post by Canoe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Should be good flow of traffic out there for the long weekend.

Your best bet is probably Rideshare.
  • One Rideshare base is Air Playa Info at the Reno Airport, scheduled to be open until 10:00 p.m. tonight.
  • And then there's the other Rideshare base at Keystone Savemart. If there is no one there co-ordinating Rideshare, and even if there is, if there are few Burners stopping in, make sure you make yourself a sign (from the cardboard recycle there?) saying something like "Going Home".
  • The sign tends to work all around town, particularily nearer to leaving Reno near gas stations, but the Rideshare locations would be much safer? And at Rideshare bases you'd get Burners expecting to watch for those wanting a ride.
Do go to http://www.burningman.com/preparation/t ... rport.html where you can read more about Rideshare.

And above all, "Be comfortable with those with whom you may share a ride."

Still have your ticket and something to show you had to leave the playa? I don't know how that works if you didn't have opportunity to purchase the $20 re-entry.

Make sure you're travelling with people who all have their tickets too!
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't still have my ticket. I wasn't able to go back to my camp to get anything. The people in the med tent thought I'd that the gate would be able to get in contact with them and sort it out though.

All I have is my passport, wallet and phone which is about to die. I'm kinda freaking out about what I'm meant to do.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Going to PM (Private Message).
Look in the upper left of the page for User Control Panel (_ new messages).
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “2013 Share Resources”