ACLU for Burners?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
hazertag

ACLU for Burners?

Post by hazertag » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 am

I had a run-in with the BLM upon entering BRC for obstructed license plate. Lets just say it went further than the license plate and I am looking to contact someone informally to get some basic info. Not sure if I can/want/should pursue this futher or not. Just looking for a contact to ACLU for Burners.

Thanks.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: ACLU for Burners?

Post by BBadger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 pm

"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

hazertag

Post by hazertag » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:33 pm

haha i definitely googled it but that page did not come up. thanks.

DrewDubious
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Snuggery bunnies?

Post by DrewDubious » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

From what I hear, there is a group of lawyers who are dedicated to doing what lawyers do for burners who get railroaded by law enforcement. I'm sure with some snooping around you will find it. (ps, check on the actual burning man website.)

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:48 pm

DrewDubious wrote:From what I hear, there is a group of lawyers who are dedicated to doing what lawyers do for burners who get railroaded by law enforcement. I'm sure with some snooping around you will find it. (ps, check on the actual burning man website.)
The OP or anyone else said the police railroaded them.. Don't be picking a sore where there is none..

DrewDubious
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Snuggery bunnies?

Post by DrewDubious » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm

unjonharley wrote:
DrewDubious wrote:From what I hear, there is a group of lawyers who are dedicated to doing what lawyers do for burners who get railroaded by law enforcement. I'm sure with some snooping around you will find it. (ps, check on the actual burning man website.)
The OP or anyone else said the police railroaded them.. Don't be picking a sore where there is none..

I said it, I didn't suggest anyone else said it.

So... like, what sore are you pickin at? :wink:

hazertag

Post by hazertag » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, I kind of just want to tell my story/ask some questions/get a basic opinion on if its worth pursuing or not. I only really see a way to file a formal complaint on the ACLU website, anyone have any other ideas/ have any lawyer friends?

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

hazertag wrote:haha i definitely googled it but that page did not come up. thanks.
To be fair, when I searched for "ACLU burners" it turned up some articles about people who use-and-dump (burn) temporary cell phones to stay anonymous and how the NSA is tracking those calls with metadata.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:11 pm

hazertag wrote:Yeah, I kind of just want to tell my story/ask some questions/get a basic opinion on if its worth pursuing or not. I only really see a way to file a formal complaint on the ACLU website, anyone have any other ideas/ have any lawyer friends?
Wait for a few more burners to get home and on the board.. Some where there is a thread about lawyer for burners.. Your being very vague.. If you were ticketed yu must show up in court or pay a bail or fine..If you want to fight it, you need a lawyer for good advice..

Return to “2013 Share Resources”