Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
User avatar
maryanimal
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am
Burning Since: 2011

Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby maryanimal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Ok, so, I'm suprized that they didn't post the ticket info @ midnight for the folks that are wringing their hands, agonizing whether they'll get a ticket or not. Everyone who wants a ticket will get one! :D Just keep a positive outlook folks! :mrgreen: Needless worry will make your hair fall out!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Nobody ever promised that information would be published at midnight, and Burning Man has never made midnight announcements before. We've had some things go out at nearly midnight, but in those cases it's the tail end of a very long day, not an early jump on any kind of planned 'stroke of midnight' release.

Info's coming soon, please stay tuned.

User avatar
VultureChow
Posts: 2276
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby VultureChow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

maryanimal wrote:Ok, so, I'm suprized that they didn't post the ticket info @ midnight for the folks that are wringing their hands, agonizing whether they'll get a ticket or not. Everyone who wants a ticket will get one! :D Just keep a positive outlook folks! :mrgreen: Needless worry will make your hair fall out!


It's funny. I assumed the exact opposite. Emails usually come after I leave the office and stop checking my emails on Friday night. I'm on Eastern time so that affects it as well. Either I find the JRS right before bed time and it keeps me up for another hour or so, or it's first thing in the morning on Saturday and I get super pumped and motivated for the day.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!

cammi hudson
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Outback 2012 - Barbie Death 2013

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby cammi hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Its now 12:41pm on the 4th....Guess they like being fashionably late

User avatar
TT120
Posts: 1526
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:43 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby TT120 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Refresh... Refresh... Refresh...
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD

cammi hudson
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Outback 2012 - Barbie Death 2013

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby cammi hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm

VultureChow wrote:
maryanimal wrote:Ok, so, I'm suprized that they didn't post the ticket info @ midnight for the folks that are wringing their hands, agonizing whether they'll get a ticket or not. Everyone who wants a ticket will get one! :D Just keep a positive outlook folks! :mrgreen: Needless worry will make your hair fall out!


It's funny. I assumed the exact opposite. Emails usually come after I leave the office and stop checking my emails on Friday night. I'm on Eastern time so that affects it as well. Either I find the JRS right before bed time and it keeps me up for another hour or so, or it's first thing in the morning on Saturday and I get super pumped and motivated for the day.



The last JRS I got was the 18th of December....Guess weekly went out the door.

User avatar
BoyScoutGirl
Posts: 1587
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:04 pm
Camp Name: Lamplighters!
Location: SD, CA

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 pm

cammi hudson wrote:...The last JRS I got was the 18th of December....Guess weekly went out the door.


cammi, I don't think JRS has ever purported to be a weekly. It comes out on an "as needed" basis.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

What BSG said. JRS is not published on a regular schedule. It goes out when there's info to get out there. During the off-season or over holidays, weeks can go by without an issue being sent. When things get busy, a few issues can go out in a week.

cammi hudson
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Outback 2012 - Barbie Death 2013

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby cammi hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:
cammi hudson wrote:...The last JRS I got was the 18th of December....Guess weekly went out the door.


cammi, I don't think JRS has ever purported to be a weekly. It comes out on an "as needed" basis.


If you read the page where you subscribe to the JRS it says it comes out weekly. Thats what I was basing my info on.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm


User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 11998
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby Savannah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 pm

cammi hudson wrote:
BoyScoutGirl wrote:
cammi hudson wrote:...The last JRS I got was the 18th of December....Guess weekly went out the door.


cammi, I don't think JRS has ever purported to be a weekly. It comes out on an "as needed" basis.


If you read the page where you subscribe to the JRS it says it comes out weekly. Thats what I was basing my info on.


Understandable. Note: That's pretty much their upper limit (meant to keep people from freaking out at the frequency) and only happens close to the Burn. More typical is every 4-6 weeks.


cammi hudson wrote:Its now 12:41pm on the 4th....Guess they like being fashionably late


JRS wrote:Looking for more ticket info? We will be announcing details and dates for the Low Income Ticket Program, STEP and access to the bulk of tickets to Burning Man 2013 on January 4, 2013. So ... stay tuned.


It's not late yet. :D
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
feralstitches
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm
Burning Since: 2010
Location: A Western Illinois Cornfield

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby feralstitches » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Maybe they're on Playa time :wink:
What's your road, man?--holyboy road, madman road, rainbow road, guppy road, any road. It's an anywhere road for anybody anyhow."
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road

cammi hudson
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Outback 2012 - Barbie Death 2013

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby cammi hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm

trilobyte wrote:Are you sure? ;)


My mistake. Taken from the Main Burning Man Site.

The Jack Rabbit Speaks
Sign up for the weekly, informative JRS email newsletter.

User avatar
Rice
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Location: da

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby Rice » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Savannah wrote:
cammi hudson wrote:
JRS wrote:Looking for more ticket info? We will be announcing details and dates for the Low Income Ticket Program, STEP and access to the bulk of tickets to Burning Man 2013 on January 4, 2013. So ... stay tuned.


It's not late yet. :D


It is not a good idea to expect default world adherence to anything Burning Man related. Noon might mean (sometime today after noon) or (today - after 12;00 - we hope!) or some such nonsense.

Just checked the ticket page (tickets.burningman.com) and it seems the "Holiday Sale" is still in play... I thought that was only going to run for a couple weeks in December. (perhaps I misread or misunderstood?? - likely ;) )

According to the BM ticket twitter feed:

Code: Select all

Burning Man Tickets ‏@BManTickets
Keep an eye out for a JRS this afternoon and the full ticket information will be posted on our ticket page soon.


So, uh - hurry up and wait?? (ok, I guess... If I have to!! )
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll add it to the list to get changed.

CrispyDave
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Homage Camp
Location: Santa Clara
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby CrispyDave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 pm

cammi hudson wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Are you sure? ;)


My mistake. Taken from the Main Burning Man Site.

The Jack Rabbit Speaks
Sign up for the weekly, informative JRS email newsletter.



To be fair, it only says you CAN sign up for weekly newsletter. It done not state they you will get one.
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.

User avatar
Rice
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Location: da

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby Rice » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:14 pm

trilobyte wrote:Thanks for pointing it out, I'll add it to the list to get changed.

Did "I" point something out?? If so, what??

it would be cool if all the information given by the Burning Man organization was consistent. I do not care if it changes, but it would be easier for everyone if it was the same!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 11998
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby Savannah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 pm

stretch80 wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Thanks for pointing it out, I'll add it to the list to get changed.

Did "I" point something out?? If so, what??

it would be cool if all the information given by the Burning Man organization was consistent. I do not care if it changes, but it would be easier for everyone if it was the same!!


cammi hudson pointed out that the )'( homepage called the newsletter weekly, whereas when you click through, it is "no more than once a week", which is more accurate.
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

cammi hudson
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Outback 2012 - Barbie Death 2013

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby cammi hudson » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 pm

CrispyDave wrote:
cammi hudson wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Are you sure? ;)


My mistake. Taken from the Main Burning Man Site.

The Jack Rabbit Speaks
Sign up for the weekly, informative JRS email newsletter.



To be fair, it only says you CAN sign up for weekly newsletter. It done not state they you will get one.


I agree completely. They can send it out as often as they wish at any time interval they wish. I was just pointing out the info I was reading.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm

No, I was responding to cammi_hudson's post. Calling it a weekly is inaccurate, we removed that from the signup page years ago. Someone working on the home page used the wrong language.

As for your question about the pre-sale, that was set up to start on the 20th and be first-come, first-served. As long as tickets were available before the main sale, they would still be available for those who registered to purchase.

User avatar
jcliff
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 am
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village
Location: Sollitt, Illinois

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby jcliff » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Well just putting it out here now....my guess is no tiers and $340.

User avatar
tattoogoddess
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Well looks like all tickets are going to be $380 does not say when yet. Im assuming this will come out with all the info today. Nice to know how much i have to set aside now. Just need to figure out when by.

http://ticketsupport.burningman.com/forums

"What are the ticket prices for Burning Man 2013?

Lulu
posted this on November 14, 2012 01:59 pm


The ticket price for the Holiday Sale is $650. Tickets sold in the Directed Group, Individual and OMG sales are $380 each, plus applicable fees. Tickets awarded through the Low Income Ticket Program are $190."
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 pm

If all the information is done, article is written, everything is set to release.. I don't understand why they don't just do it in a timely fashion instead of sitting around packing more bowls..?

Frosted Flakes, of course.

Image
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 7304
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Website says 380 no tiers and 190 low income price.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

CrispyDave
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Homage Camp
Location: Santa Clara
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby CrispyDave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm

It gives the scammers and scalpers less time to prepare...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 pm

lucky420 wrote:Website says 380 no tiers and 190 low income price.



WHERE??!?!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
lucky420
Posts: 7304
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:47 am
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Reno, NV

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey packing bowls is serious work :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5818
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:45 pm

lucky420 wrote:Hey packing bowls is serious work :mrgreen:



Nonononono... no editing posts. Spill it. I caught you.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 15858
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Almost all the ducks are in a row, waiting on the last signoffs on the blog post, JRS, and ticket page language before the almighty send buttons are pressed. Zendesk is its own process and relatively new for the ticket team, looks like Lulu let something go live a little early.

User avatar
tattoogoddess
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Still Waiting For 2013 Ticket Info

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
lucky420 wrote:Hey packing bowls is serious work :mrgreen:



Nonononono... no editing posts. Spill it. I caught you.



well i was going to post the link (sublink of the one i post above) but bm has now removed it. seems like they let info slip to soon.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus


Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest