I'm in S T E P

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: I'm in S T E P

Postby Savannah » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Roam wrote:Hi All,
My timestamp is March 30 1:07PM EDT, just got an offer for two tickets in the wee hours this morning but now I only need one....Is it too late to change my request to one ticket now that the email link I thought would never show up since a: I've never been to BM before and b: I requested 2 tickets in the beginning has finally arrived?? Also, clicking on the link to purchase, I get a message stating that the link is no longer valid or has already been used???

The email showed up this morning at 12:11 AM EDT and here it is almost 10AM and the link is no good? I'm ready to purchase two if I have to and put one back. Any advice besides contact customer service as the message also suggested? I'm not a fan of being on the phone for an entire day.

Peace & Love

I'll quote Trilobyte from the previous page. (There is no need to be on the phone all day when you can send an email.)

trilobyte wrote:I've heard back from the ticket team, and they're working on the issue. Everyone who received a faulty STEP link should also have received an email letting them know that their 'buy' link works again. If you experienced the problem and have not received a followup email for whatever reason, please contact the ticket team using the ticketsupport@burningman.com email address asap. The rockstars on the ticket team will get you taken care of asap.

Please do not either flood the STEP system with multiple registrations or the support system with multiple emails.

Good luck!
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Postby Bless » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 am

Does the whole STEP program close today or just registration?
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

PeaseBlossum
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Martini Village

Postby PeaseBlossum » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:26 am

In case people are watching/waiting for STEP tickets. Two friends and I have to miss the burn this year, and we put three tickets back into STEP yesterday--so hopefully they come up for someone and you can skip the OMG!!

oly14
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby oly14 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:06 am

Bless wrote:Does the whole STEP program close today or just registration?

It looks registration and submissions close at noon Pacific today. From the tickets FAQ:
"STEP closes on July 31, 2013 at noon PST. After STEP has closed any outstanding links to purchase tickets will be active for 72hrs following noon on July 31st. Please note that sellers cannot place their tickets into STEP after July 31st at noon PST."

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Postby Sundial » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 am

oly14 wrote:
Bless wrote:Does the whole STEP program close today or just registration?

It looks registration and submissions close at noon Pacific today. From the tickets FAQ:
"STEP closes on July 31, 2013 at noon PST. After STEP has closed any outstanding links to purchase tickets will be active for 72hrs following noon on July 31st. Please note that sellers cannot place their tickets into STEP after July 31st at noon PST."

I interpret this to mean that as of July 31st at noon, the whole thing shuts down. Nobody will be able to put tickets in the pool, and no new purchase emails will be sent out to registered buyers. However, anyone who has already been emailed a purchase link and hasn't responded will have 72 hours to do so.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

Savannah

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 am

In 20 minutes, no one will be able to put new tickets into the STEP pool.

You should not interpret that no new purchase emails will be sent out to registered buyers--until explicitly stated on the main site/JRS newsletter, or unless Trilobyte confirms it.

delle

Postby delle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:09 pm

So what you're saying, Savanna, is that if we're registered and, say, :D JUST GOT A TICKET :D , we should still unregister out of courtesy, even tho it ends today?
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Savannah

Postby Savannah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 pm

delle wrote:So what you're saying, Savanna, is that if we're registered and, say, :D JUST GOT A TICKET :D , we should still unregister out of courtesy, even tho it ends today?

Congratulations, Delle! :mrgreen:

Yes, please--if you have just gotten hold of a ticket somewhere else, be a rock star and proactively opt-out of STEP in case it gives someone else a better chance.

Remark
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Remark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Thank you STEP! registered April 6, received an email today, and now Will Call has a ticket for me! Happy Dance!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Nice. You're one of the very last.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

sparkledust
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: it'll be the virgin camp for me

Postby sparkledust » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Wonderfu! Congratulations and good luck to all :)
And happy dance for the queue reaching april :)

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Postby Sundial » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Remark wrote:Thank you STEP! registered April 6, received an email today, and now Will Call has a ticket for me! Happy Dance!

Huh. so I would've made it after all if I had stayed in STEP (I registered April 3rd) and hadn't scored that after market ticket. Cool.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

PeaseBlossum
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Martini Village

Postby PeaseBlossum » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I put tickets into STEP to be sold late (like July 30), but haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how people might be notified about if their tickets didn't sell? I'd like to know asap if they're not going to be assigned to anyone that was waiting in STEP so I can try to sell them (maybe before the OMG) and help some people get to the playa. Thanks! (I realize they could possibly still be waiting for an acceptance or rejection from someone...if they were notified near the very end of step on July 31, too.)

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”