!!README!! OMG Sale Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

!!README!! OMG Sale Info

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:16 pm

The OMG Last Chance sale of Burning Man tickets will take place on Wednesday August 7 at Noon PDT. Burning Man is grateful to the Bureau of Land Management for their cooperation and support of the event, and their extending the population peak allowed in our permit. As a result, Burning Man will be able to sell 4000 tickets in the OMG Sale. Just like with the Main Sale, these tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis to pre-registered buyers.

In order to participate in the OMG Sale, you need to do two things:
  1. Create a Burner Profile (if you have not already done so)
  2. Pre-register for the sale
You can do both those things HERE. Create the account, then log into your account to pre-register for the sale. You need to do that no later than Monday August 5th at Noon PDT.

Other key info:
  • That sale has a limit of 2 tickets per person (just like the Main Sale)
  • Tickets are Will Call only (Burning Man box office opens on Wednesday 8/21 at noon for 24-hour operation)
  • The name on the credit card IS the name on the ticket order.
  • Tickets are transferrable, but will call orders may not be split up (only one name on the entire order)

Sham

Re: !!README!! OMG Sale Info

Post by Sham » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Great news! :D

erock502
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Playa Surfers

Post by erock502 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:02 pm

I have a profile and I registered for the OMG sale at 12:40 pm as soon as I could. I got confirmation on the page but not though email. should I worry about that? Its not in the junk mail and I have received emails from burning man.com Thanks!

Sham

Post by Sham » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Back in the beginning, I registered and did not get a confirmation. I am sure you're fine!

erock502
Camp Name: Playa Surfers

Post by erock502 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks! :)

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:03 pm

I wouldn't worry. Confirmation emails are likely to go out once the gate closes on Monday at noon, as the ticket team de-dupes and scrubs the list.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

Registration windows are open until noon Monday. Register NOW if interested in a ticket.

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 am

Today's the day people. Register your profile if you need tickets from the OMG sale. Don't say I didn't remind you! 8)

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 am

"You didn't remind me!!!" :twisted:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 am

trilobyte wrote:The OMG Last Chance sale of Burning Man tickets will take place on Wednesday August 7 at Noon PDT. Burning Man is grateful to the Bureau of Land Management for their cooperation and support of the event, and their extending the population peak allowed in our permit. As a result, Burning Man will be able to sell 4000 tickets in the OMG Sale. Just like with the Main Sale, these tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis to pre-registered buyers.

In order to participate in the OMG Sale, you need to do two things:
  1. Create a Burner Profile (if you have not already done so)
  2. Pre-register for the sale
You can do both those things HERE. Create the account, then log into your account to pre-register for the sale. You need to do that no later than Monday August 5th at Noon PDT.

Other key info:
  • That sale has a limit of 2 tickets per person (just like the Main Sale)
  • Tickets are Will Call only (Burning Man box office opens on Wednesday 8/21 at noon for 24-hour operation)
  • The name on the credit card IS the name on the ticket order.
  • Tickets are transferrable, but will call orders may not be split up (only one name on the entire order)

pdxvintagette
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Casablanca

Post by pdxvintagette » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:29 pm

We weren't planning to go this year, but life circumstances changes, so I registered for the OMG sale, like many others - it's very exciting to hear that so many tickets have been released.

Like others have said, I didn't get an email confirmation with a link to the sale - has anyone received it? If so, does the link seem like the "general link" that we all need to click on and refresh, refresh, refresh? (And are you willing to post it?)

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Sale isn't until Weds, & they have to scrub the lists of potential scammers. Patience, grasshopper. :D
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

lacelio
Burning Since: 2010

Post by lacelio » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Has anyone actually gotten the confirmation email/seen the pass code under their profile? I'm a little nervous since I saw the confirmation screen after numerous attempts with the inactive button last Friday but still haven't gotten an email with a pass code, nor do I see any code under my profile. I reached out to support and got this response, which makes me think that somehow my info didn't go through... :(
Everyone who successfully pre-registered for the OMG sale through their Burner Profile was sent an email containing their unique access code as well as instructions on how to access the sale on August 7. Those emails were sent around 5:30pm (PDT) August 5 from [email protected]. Please be sure to double-check your spam folder (and "promotions" folder in gmail).

In addition to the pre-registration confirmation email that was sent to pre-registrants, unique pass codes are also displayed in your Burner Profile.

To access the sale starting on Weds. August 7 at 12pm (noon) PDT you can use the link in your email, the button that will appear at the top of the ticket page (tickets2.burningman.com), or the button in your Profile.

Sincerely,

Lulu | Burning Man Tickets

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Lacelio - you need to contact Ticket Support, they're the only ones who can give you an accurate answer to your questions. I would recommend doing it now, since the sale is tomorrow, and letting them know you've checked your spam folders & trash folders (you have, correct?), and see if anything can be done.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut

lacelio
Burning Since: 2010

Post by lacelio » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks Eric, that's a good point. I replied as soon as I got that response from support (I've checked all folders, my burner profile, etc with no luck) but haven't heard anything back. In the meantime I wanted to get a sense of what other folks were seeing.
Eric wrote:Lacelio - you need to contact Ticket Support, they're the only ones who can give you an accurate answer to your questions. I would recommend doing it now, since the sale is tomorrow, and letting them know you've checked your spam folders & trash folders (you have, correct?), and see if anything can be done.

polyresin

Post by polyresin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 am

I also have not got a confirmation mail - little nervous over here. Have triple checked spam, promotions, trash etc.

Mailed support but haven't heard back :\

naturalmystic357

Post by naturalmystic357 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

Has anyone been able to purchase a ticket? I received my confirmation email and have been trying to access the link given to me from the email. I see no button to purchase just some text informing about the sale itself.

Anyone else have any luck?

naturalmystic357

Post by naturalmystic357 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:04 pm

All is good now. Patience was just needed on my end.

BetaBox

Post by BetaBox » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm

anyone get tickets, but not the confirmation email?
See you in 2014

pdxvintagette
Camp Name: Casablanca

Post by pdxvintagette » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Actually, my confirmation email arrived quickly - which is rare, for the ancient AOL address I use for things like this. That said, as long as you printed your confirmation page, I would imagine that there would be no trouble finding your order.

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 pm

I can't find my unique passcode anywhere and never received it in email form when I registered despite having viewed the confirmation page when pre-registering. Apparently it's on our profiles but there's no sign of it on mine. Does anyone know where I can find it? Is it too late anyhow? I got stuck in US customs and now I'm guessing all tickets are officially gobbled up by the hungry masses. Damn.

polyresin

Post by polyresin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm

YoYo wrote:I can't find my unique passcode anywhere and never received it in email form when I registered despite having viewed the confirmation page when pre-registering. Apparently it's on our profiles but there's no sign of it on mine. Does anyone know where I can find it? Is it too late anyhow? I got stuck in US customs and now I'm guessing all tickets are officially gobbled up by the hungry masses. Damn.
The same thing happened to me. I emailed ticket support, and they gave me a passcode - but now I can't seem to access the OMG sale at all. After the "Please stand by..." loading screen, I'm taken back to events with no way to proceed.

Not sure what's up.

polyresin

Post by polyresin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

polyresin wrote:
YoYo wrote:I can't find my unique passcode anywhere and never received it in email form when I registered despite having viewed the confirmation page when pre-registering. Apparently it's on our profiles but there's no sign of it on mine. Does anyone know where I can find it? Is it too late anyhow? I got stuck in US customs and now I'm guessing all tickets are officially gobbled up by the hungry masses. Damn.
The same thing happened to me. I emailed ticket support, and they gave me a passcode - but now I can't seem to access the OMG sale at all. After the "Please stand by..." loading screen, I'm taken back to events with no way to proceed.

Not sure what's up.
...Actually I'm just hopelessly impatient and foolish, thanks for tuning in. Success with 2 tickets :)

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 pm

You need to contact Ticketing Support for this, they are the only ones who can help.

Eric ShutterSlut

YoYo

Post by YoYo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Hallelujah! Success this end too. Bring on the burn! :D

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Anybody know how the sale is going?
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 pm

TT120 wrote:Anybody know how the sale is going?
From the Ticketing Page:
The OMG! Sale is OVER

The OMG! ticket sale is now over. If you are still looking for tickets to Burning Man 2013 we encourage you to reach out to your immediate community to see if anyone might have a face value ticket to sell you. To learn how to buy third-party tickets more safely please read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Eric ShutterSlut

geospyder
Burning Since: 2017

Post by geospyder » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:01 am

Eric wrote:
TT120 wrote:Anybody know how the sale is going?
From the Ticketing Page:
The OMG! Sale is OVER

The OMG! ticket sale is now over. If you are still looking for tickets to Burning Man 2013 we encourage you to reach out to your immediate community to see if anyone might have a face value ticket to sell you. To learn how to buy third-party tickets more safely please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Curious -Does this mean the tickets sold out or that the OMG! sale is just over?
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:16 am

Tickets have sold out.

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”