Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
littlemonkey
Burning Since: 2007

Last Minute Will Call Changes Requirements

Post by littlemonkey » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Is this in effect now?

From the Will Call Ticket FAQ:

LAST MINUTE WILL CALL CHANGES
If you need to change the name on your will call order two weeks before the event or later, the person you have designated to be able to pick up your tickets MUST have:

A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you are authorizing a specific person to pick up your tickets. Include their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
A photocopy of your driver's license and a photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read). Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have authorized someone else to pick up your tickets.
In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.

As always for any Will Call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have, in addition to the above information, THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are! Note: Low Income tickets are NOT transferable.

littlemonkey

BurningBrent
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Flirt Camp

Re: Last Minute Will Call Changes Requirements

Post by BurningBrent » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm trying to sell a Will Call ticket, but I canceled the credit card I used to buy it long ago and no longer have it. What should I do about the "photocopy of the credit card" requirement?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:26 pm

email the ticket people. We don't know here. Trilo has the address, or it's in other ticketing posts.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BurningBrent

Post by BurningBrent » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 pm

I used the contact form, so hopefully that'll get through to the right person. Just thought someone else on the forums might have had the same situation.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 pm

The ticket team tries to take care of will call transfer requests as late as possible, though typically around 2 weeks before the start of the event you'd need to follow the last minute will call instructions - see the FAQ for more info.

Unfortunately, waiting until such a late hour may have led you to screw yourself. If you've sent an email in to ticketsupport@burningman.com, all you can do now is have patience and hope that they're able to get back to you, and maybe there's something that can be done.

SwissInPlaya

Post by SwissInPlaya » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey Man,
Is it possible to sell only one ticket on WILL CALL if I have two? or can I sell them to 2 separate persons??
thanks for your help.

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 pm

SwissInPlaya wrote:Hey Man,
Is it possible to sell only one ticket on WILL CALL if I have two? or can I sell them to 2 separate persons??
thanks for your help.
The short answer is: No.
Note: Orders cannot be split up into multiple names so a name change is for the entire order. If you need to give your will call tickets to multiple people, we suggest this solution: have the name on the order changed to the person who is arriving to the event first and it will be that person's responsibility to place the other ticket(s) under their individual names at will call after they have retrieved their ticket. This can get messy so make sure you can trust the person who is picking up the tickets first
This information was easily found on the BM ticket page in the Will Call FAQ: http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php "Will Call" #6.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

BurningBrent

Post by BurningBrent » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I got a response from the ticket team the same day I sent my question. I still have the credit card info, so they told me just to write it on the paper with the photocopy of my ID.

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”