Is it too late to change names on a will call ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Campoline

Is it too late to change names on a will call ticket?

Postby pink.electrik.kitten » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm in SF and being offered a ticket from a person in a different state whose ticket was sent back to sender and held at will call. He's selling it to me at face value and willing to change to my name through the website and send me pictures of ID, credit card used, bank statement showing purchase, and signed letter stating willingness to name change on ticket. Is that enough? Will we still get a confirmation email for the name change at this point?

This is the copy/pasted email he got from burning man after his ticket was returned to sender:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Subject: Your BM TIX is at Will Call

SIMONE of Burning Man Tickets writes:

Your tickets have been returned to us by the USPS. Unfortunately there is not enough time to ensure redelivery of your tickets before Burning Man. Your order has been switched to Will Call for pickup at the event. Please be sure to bring your State or Federally issued photo ID to claim your tickets.

If you would like to change the name for the person picking up the tickets, please use this link to do so:

This account does not accept incoming messages. To reply, go here:

************READ THIS INFORMATION*****************
This is an automated email address and cannot receive replies.

Lost in London
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Is it too late to change names on a will call ticket?

Postby Lost in London » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Not too late, but too late to use the on-line system for doing so.

You'll have to have a signed letter and matching documentation as detailed in this post:

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”