Last minute ticket discussion thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
bruce_w
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: looking

Last minute ticket discussion thread

Post by bruce_w » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Any plans on how to best get that last minute ticket?? So far I'm thinking

(1) I've "heard" the gas station in Gerlach will be a happening place next week and as far as will call tickets go you almost have to be there to get a deal done safely.......there seem to be some ticket scams happening, and it's just too easy to get ripped off.
(2) If you're planning on arriving later in the week prices are bound to go down further....I'm thinking $200's by Wednesday???

Thoughts???????

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Last minute ticket discussion thread

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Having been through the area recently, I'd advise against that kind of dumb shit. Signs are on the road to advise that it's a sellout, and the scalper scumbags are all asking to buy and not offering tickets for sale. If you don't have one from a trusted source by this point, this may not be the year to go, start planning for next year.

bruce_w

Post by bruce_w » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:44 pm

trilobyte wrote:Having been through the area recently, I'd advise against that kind of dumb shit. Signs are on the road to advise that it's a sellout, and the scalper scumbags are all asking to buy and not offering tickets for sale. If you don't have one from a trusted source by this point, this may not be the year to go, start planning for next year.
I think "dumb shit" would be buying a ticket you cant confirm or ANY ticket for cash. Some people are getting scammed b/c of these uptight rules.

And as far as the "scalper scumbags" go I don't recall ticket sellers complaining when tickets were selling for $600+ a few weeks ago.

maybe U need to relax a little

littlebird
Camp Name: Tone Age

Post by littlebird » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:54 pm

bruce_w wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Having been through the area recently, I'd advise against that kind of dumb shit. Signs are on the road to advise that it's a sellout, and the scalper scumbags are all asking to buy and not offering tickets for sale. If you don't have one from a trusted source by this point, this may not be the year to go, start planning for next year.
I think "dumb shit" would be buying a ticket you cant confirm or ANY ticket for cash. Some people are getting scammed b/c of these uptight rules.

And as far as the "scalper scumbags" go I don't recall ticket sellers complaining when tickets were selling for $600+ a few weeks ago.

Do you completely lack any sort of reading comprehension skills? Trilobyte is trying to give you good advice. What are you so angry about?

bruce_w

Post by bruce_w » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:20 pm

littlebird wrote:
bruce_w wrote:

Do you completely lack any sort of reading comprehension skills? Trilobyte is trying to give you good advice. What are you so angry about?
If I recall last year the ticket prices were HIGHER than they are now yet there apparently was a glut of extra tickets at the gate that were sold cheaply. I can't "move in" till Thursday anyway but I can make day trips to gerlach until then. And it wont be a waste of time either way b/c I found a few burners to pick up @ the airport....it might be a little bit of extra work getting a ticket but that's okay:)

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”