Help! Need to confirm will call tickets I'm buying!!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Rhomark
Burning Since: 2012

Help! Need to confirm will call tickets I'm buying!!

Post by Rhomark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I've send emails to all the burningman emails I could find regarding ticket info and help. The response I got were that they are out in the playa and may not get back soon. Totally understandable. However, I received a copy of the (Israeli) driver's license and debit card of the seller and he has forwarded me the confirmation letter. Everything seems to match up, but I'm nervous and just need to confirm. Please help!

Canoe

Re: Help! Need to confirm will call tickets I'm buying!!

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

LAST MINUTE WILL CALL CHANGES
If you need to change the name on your will call order two weeks before the event or later, the person you have designated to be able to pick up your tickets MUST have:
  • A letter signed by you, the original ticket holder. This letter MUST state that you are authorizing a specific person to pick up your tickets. Include their full name in the letter. Example: I John Doe, sold my two will call tickets to Jane Smith and I'm authorizing her to pick them up.
  • A photocopy of your driver's license - Remember, the full name on the driver's license must be clear. We need to be completely sure that you have authorized someone else to pick up your tickets.
  • A photocopy of the credit card used to purchase the tickets (you can black out the first set of numbers, just make sure the last 4 numbers can be read).
  • In addition to what's above, you MUST have the confirmation number.
  • As always for any Will Call pick up, the person picking up tickets must have, in addition to the above information, THEIR photo ID as proof of who they are!
Note: Low Income tickets are NOT transferable.
Seems like you're missing the Authorizing Pickup letter.
I know of no way you can confirm that the will-call ticket exists, or wasn't transferred to another name before the transfer deadline.

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Rhomark

Post by Rhomark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

They are withholding the authorizing letter until we send the payment

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 pm

If you're not buying from an official Ticket Sale, or STEP, then the suggested, but not guaranteed in anyway, is:
- buy from someone you know,
- buy from someone in your Burner Community.

Do you know them, or are they part of a Burner Community? If you don't have personal knowledge of that, it's hard to confirm that right now with most people already on the playa. Part of the ePlaya community would be some show of belonging to a Burner Community, but for example, you're only showing a presence here to buy a ticket, so they couldn't use that to trust you.

If it's two strangers...
Do you have a way to pay with a means of cancelling that payment if you later show fraud?
Doesn't help you if you get to gate and discover there's no ticket.

Here's why we have buyers and we have sellers, hard to find a trusting ground with no way to verify.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Rhomark

Post by Rhomark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:43 pm

I made the payment through PayPal after he sent an invoice. He also sent me the confirmation letter. But I'm nervous ill be turned away at the gate. I honestly don't know how we'd deal with that..

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

It's a possibility. Not much else you can do.
Last edited by BBadger on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Rhomark

Post by Rhomark » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Does it matter that the signature is only the first name?

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 pm

There aren't any standards on what constitutes a signature. Some people just put an X as their signature because they can't read. Other people have illegible scribbles (like on doctor prescriptions). You'd probably want to see if the signature matches the one on the license.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Post by BBadger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 pm

I also hope you didn't send your money as a "gift" via Paypal. You have no recourse at all if you get scammed if you do that.

Rhomark

Post by Rhomark » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 am

The payment was sent via PayPal invoice. Seller even covered the 3% change it costs, just to ease our minds. He and his girlfriend were very understanding, and outside of our nervousness and paranoia, they seem very trustworthy. They've been responsive to our calls, texts, and requests. We've also receive all the required paperwork. We'll be heading out to the playa in a couple of hours. Here goes nothing! Thanks for all the help guys. Wish us luck!

Return to “2013 Tickets Discussion”