2014 Moop Map: Abandoned Items

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Discuss cleanup tips. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.
Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Re: 2014 Moop Map: Abandoned Items

Postby Lonesomebri » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:29 am

Yeah, the Moop issue has been picked to death, it will take care of itself and the playa will be able to heal on its own... except for all the constant attention. Public scrutiny, transparency and input is so "dirty". If I see one more moop map I will simply be outraged that my sensibilities have been troubled by receiving information which I'd rather not see or know about. I blame outside agitators myself. If all those trouble making kids hadn't showed up... Anyway, good luck putting the cat back in the moop bag.

PLAYA SHERPAS = PLAYA MOOP
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am

Quick, hide the elephant!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

SageV
Burning Since: 1999

Postby SageV » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 am

danibel wrote:Wow. I read a thread about this camp on FB, and wow. I hope they never get placement again. Though I don't know how placement could ever ban someone from the playa. They could just use a different name/email/leader and try again.

The placement database at the BMOrg goes back to 2000, they have lots of data and fairly sophisticated ways to parse it. If there is a way, they will find it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

Casanova
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Hellfire Society

Postby Casanova » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Fan C
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Mighty Misfits

Postby Fan C » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm

SageV wrote:
danibel wrote:Wow. I read a thread about this camp on FB, and wow. I hope they never get placement again. Though I don't know how placement could ever ban someone from the playa. They could just use a different name/email/leader and try again.

The placement database at the BMOrg goes back to 2000, they have lots of data and fairly sophisticated ways to parse it. If there is a way, they will find it.

That's the theoretically easy part. This year around 80 camps that applied did not get placement, the PnP's did.

The Bmorg is already placing them instead of others. They could very easily just not place them if they chose not to. They were more than willing to do so to some this year.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:19 am

Citations please.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Tiahaar
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:36 am

skippy3k wrote:Hey, we were two camps away from you! Totally off topic, I know. But I recognized the Starship Palomino. This year we were invited to camp in that neighborhood with some friends who had been camping there for years. Best decision we ever made....what a great group of people on that street.

Hiya neighbor! Yup agreed had awesome campers all around, cleaned up their stuff pretty good too! We were the 'red light beacon bus' heheh.
Burning Man 2003-15; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech
Starship Palomino

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Postby Elorrum » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Bounce530 wrote:Something that is kinda scary to me is that I called 4:30/H home for many years, these PnPer's could have been my neighbors this year had we not stalked BDC er, moved to a new neighborhood.
yep, BDC/V lured raided pirated invited me from that area of the city as well, 4:30 and J.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

Return to “Leave No Trace”