Question re the "trash and Recycling" on the Burner Express

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Discuss cleanup tips. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.
M Lilypad1
Burning Since: 2015

Question re the "trash and Recycling" on the Burner Express

Postby M Lilypad1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:18 am

Greetings,
I have a question. I'm taking the burner express home (but not there), and I'm worried about my trash & recycling. I'm told there is a program to address this. I'm also told that I should have received a letter describing it, but I have not. So I just want to confirm what I've heard:

I've been told that I will be allotted two 7 gallon trash bags to recycle (or throw away if necessary). Is this true? Please let me know because I'm very concerned about not being able to take everything out with me. I certainly don't want to dump trash on my camp-mates, and the bus luggage restrictions severely limit my ability to carry out.

I'm sorry of this has been addressed before. Frankly I keep hearing different things. Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of the fabled letter I was supposed to receive (that purportedly describes he program), I would love a copy.

Thanks in advance,
M. Lilypad, Esq. (or Mark in the regular world).

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Re: Question re the "trash and Recycling" on the Burner Expr

Postby Just_Joe » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 am

IIRC, last year, one of the bags was labeled recycle and one was labeled for landfill.

M Lilypad1
Burning Since: 2015

Postby M Lilypad1 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 am

Good to know. Thanks. I intend for all my waste to be recyclable but I doubt they'll object to one less landfill bag.

But the two 7 gallon bags is correct?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:55 am

As you arrive on playa you will be handed 2 plastic bags. (At least that's the way we did it last year). In all the rush to retreive your luggage don't forget to get your bags. Also, if you buy water at the stop they provide, realize everyones water looks alike. Last year the slowest people to get their luggage from under the bus were sometimes missing a case of beer or water. It might be wise to bring some duct tape and secure it in a big bundle or to something else. Just sayin...
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

Sham

Postby Sham » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Bring BRIGHT duct tape so you can spot your stuff from a distance if someone else has it.
Also, you may find yourself camping right next to some nice people who have a burn barrel. Suck up to those people and give them hugs.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:41 pm

M Lilypad1 wrote:Greetings,
I have a question. I'm taking the burner express home (but not there), and I'm worried about my trash & recycling. I'm told there is a program to address this. I'm also told that I should have received a letter describing it, but I have not. So I just want to confirm what I've heard:

Contact Burner Express - they're the only ones who can give you an official answer.

If you notice, all the answers here are based on you getting the two bags when you ARRIVE in BRC via BE - since you're not arriving via them, you obviously won't be getting those bags. Burner Express will need to tell you how to proceed (and let us know, so we have accurate answers to give!).
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:13 am

I'm nudging this over to the LNT board, since that's a better fit for LNT issues. In response, I'll echo what Eric said. For help and support issues regarding Burner Express... contact that team using the Support tab on that page.

Return to “Leave No Trace”