Trash Tips for Trashy People

Talk about your camp or project's LNT plans (and MOOP problems) here. Discuss cleanup tips. Ask questions or share ideas on what works and what doesn't.
Lightspeed
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Journeylizm

Trash Tips for Trashy People

Post by Lightspeed » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Do not fill your bags completely. If you do, you'll end up with large, unwieldy sacks of inconvenience.

Instead, fill them 3/4 or even 1/2 way, they'll be so much more manageable.

Also: I used strong Husky Contractor bags and didn't regret them one bit. I brought 10, only need 3, and gifted the rest.
Last edited by Lightspeed on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------
I love SilverGirl70's Modified Monkey Hut for Kodiak & Shiftpod!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Trash Tips for Trashy People

Post by Ratty » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:57 pm

I love that you said, "unwieldy sacks of inconvenience". Plus the contractor bags are well worth the expense. They don't rip. I take my trash all the way home. I tried to drop it off and there was some bate and switch going on. Oh no lady we can't take your big black bag for $5. Only the little white bags are $5. FU! I already have it in the car. I'll take it home with me.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Lightspeed
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Journeylizm

Re: Trash Tips for Trashy People

Post by Lightspeed » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:01 pm

The post-burn garbage collection scams are blowing my mind. You gotta be a real asshole..

We dropped off 3 bags ("unwieldy sacks of inconvenience", actually) of extra trash we volunteered to haul out before we realized we were already over-loaded. The spot had showers, too, which we donated $ for, as well as a donation for the trash. Unfortunately the trash area was kind of a mess. At the time I remember thinking I wouldn't drop off there next time just to help reduce impact, so this year I'll be hauling all garbage home. Definitely going to stop there again and pay for those hot showers, though! Mmmm...
----------------------------------------------------------
I love SilverGirl70's Modified Monkey Hut for Kodiak & Shiftpod!

Return to “Leave No Trace”