Light Up Party Naked Tiki Bar on The Esplanade Fundraiser

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed
PsyctecB

Light Up Party Naked Tiki Bar on The Esplanade Fundraiser

Postby PsyctecB » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello everyone,

We heard you missed us and [b]we are back[/b]! Sin City Village and the Party Naked Tiki Bar took off 2013 to rebuild our playa worn bar after five years. The bar has been rebuilt, repainted and is ready to go. 1600 hand painted leis are ready to be awarded to those who dare to get naked with us. Alcohol and other supplies are ordered and brought to you by our camp members donations.

We are bringing you our new enclosed volleyball court on the Esplanade for you to get your sports on. Come by to play, naked or not. There will be a lot going on in our new location this year at Esplanade and 6:30.

We are making our final push to build the bar walls and light up Party Naked Tiki Bar for it's return home. Your support will help us get this accomplished and will forever be appreciated.

We are the little village that could. Serving cold "Tiki Punch"(450 gallons were served in 2012) to Black Rock citizens for our sixth year. Party Naked Tiki Bar offers a safe and relaxing environment for you to push your boundaries and try public nudity. And if you do you will be rewarded with one of our hand painted souvenir leis to prove you did it. We want you to experience nudity in a place where you won't feel self-conscious or be in fear that you will be groped just because you took your clothes off. Remember "Nude is not lewd" and we adhere to nudist principles here.

We wanted to bring you more this year, so we are launching our first ever public fundraiser and would greatly appreciate your support in bringing you a bigger, better and brighter Party Naked Tiki Bar. We have some special gifts as our thank you to you so check it out. All support is appreciated and every dollar counts because I'm a mad shopper that will beat the bush for bargains.

We want to thank our loyal followers that missed seeing us on playa last year and look forward to seeing you all again. We were are all very touched to here all the stories of people wearing their leis last year and wondering where we were. We appreciate any love that you can afford and thank you in advance.

Can't wait to see you in the dust,
Bobbie

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ligh ... 458519#_=_
Here today, gone to Maui.

dann1t
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Light Up Party Naked Tiki Bar on The Esplanade Fundraise

Postby dann1t » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:07 pm

My wife and I (virgin burners) really enjoyed your bar! Got leid and visited several times. Favorite spot on the playa. Your bartenders were incredible and so respectful. Very nice. We want to hang with you next year!

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 pm

You're bar WAS awesome. And as said above me your bartenders were AWESOME too!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011

Postby tamarakay » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 pm

You guys were right on our way home from the playa. One night coming back from exploring I asked my husband if he wanted to stop in for a night cap. He said no. once we were three blocks away he said "i was afraid they would all yell KEN when we went in" LOL, evidently he explores a bit after I go to sleep.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Postby Elorrum » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 pm

tamarakay wrote:You guys were right on our way home from the playa. One night coming back from exploring I asked my husband if he wanted to stop in for a night cap. He said no. once we were three blocks away he said "i was afraid they would all yell KEN when we went in" LOL, evidently he explores a bit after I go to sleep.

ha ha ha ha ha! thanks, TK. I'm ending the day with a smile. I love you both!
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.
In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo. - T.S. Elliot

PsyctecB

Postby PsyctecB » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 am

Thank you for such a great year on the playa. 1600 citizens got leid in Party Naked Tiki Bar this year. We are thrilled to offer a safe and comfortable place for people to hang out, enjoy rock music, have a conversation, drink Tiki punch and experience public nudity if they choose. Our direct email is SinCityBRC@gmail.com if you are interested in joining next years camp family.
Here today, gone to Maui.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Postby Elliot » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 am

Your lei is one of the few trinkets I am actually keeping. And that tiki punch really packs a punch! LOL
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - Noon-6 daily.

------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!------

Awesome? Yes, Ma'am, we do Awesome. Please step right in.

tamarakay

Postby tamarakay » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:39 am

We have a big kahuna lei! Will be hung up in the bathroom wall of honor.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:07 am

Just one comment.... To me, it seems weird to have your bar walled off from the street as if there were nefarious activities going on in there. I felt disinclined to go in, and went in only because I had read about the place. Sure, you want to mark the border between the street and the bar, and give your customers a sense of being in a safe place, but something less than a solid wall might seem less... less like there is something in there that must be hidden. And I generally like to be able to look out on the bustling city from a bar -- to people-watch and mutant-vehicle-watch.

Regardless, thanks for supporting the truth that "nude is not lewd".

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby VultureChow » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 am

Counterpoint: For those of us for whom public nudity is not something we're either familiar or super comfortable with, the enclosed nature of it can be comforting.

If it was open to the street, I'm not sure I would have earned my lei.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!

dann1t
Burning Since: 2014

Postby dann1t » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am

The wall also adds some physical protection from the wind. Also creates a more quiet, restful, and intimate atmosphere. Just my two cents, I was naked anyway. But I found it really restful, where I didn't have that feeling at other places.

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:48 am

VultureChow wrote:Counterpoint: For those of us for whom public nudity is not something we're either familiar or super comfortable with, the enclosed nature of it can be comforting.

I do understand this, and I am glad you brought it up. I'm so comfortable nude that I forgot we even discussed this somewhere else on ePlaya a while ago... where we concluded exactly what you point out. Gaminwench explained it very well, I recall.
So... I have absolutely no objection to being voted down on this issue. :D

tahiti_treat
Camp Name: NoTown

Postby tahiti_treat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 am

VultureChow wrote:Counterpoint: For those of us for whom public nudity is not something we're either familiar or super comfortable with, the enclosed nature of it can be comforting.

Yep ditto. I walked OUT of the bar naked, but I needed that safe space to break the ice.

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:16 pm

:?:
If I may drift the thread just a little in the direction of my own camp....

I have been planning a new feature, which was supposed to be in use this year but wasn't ready in time. It should be ready for next year.
It is a Water Misting Booth, which the participants will trigger by throwing a ball at a target. A hit gives maybe ten seconds of cooling mist.
This year I saw a misting booth triggered by a motion detector, but I want people to earn their treat with an element of competition, similar a traditional dunk tank. We could set it up so the ball-thrower mists an other person, or himself. Regardless, a cooling mist of water obviously works best on a nude person.

Would this be more popular if we have a shoulder-high decorative trellis around the booth, so the nature of the feature is still visible, but participants can have the same sense of safe space as in Party Naked Tiki Bar?

Thoughts?

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby graidawg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Elliot wrote::?:
If I may drift the thread just a little in the direction of my own camp....

I have been planning a new feature, which was supposed to be in use this year but wasn't ready in time. It should be ready for next year.
It is a Water Misting Booth, which the participants will trigger by throwing a ball at a target. A hit gives maybe ten seconds of cooling mist.
This year I saw a misting booth triggered by a motion detector, but I want people to earn their treat with an element of competition, similar a traditional dunk tank. We could set it up so the ball-thrower mists an other person, or himself. Regardless, a cooling mist of water obviously works best on a nude person.

Would this be more popular if we have a shoulder-high decorative trellis around the booth, so the nature of the feature is still visible, but participants can have the same sense of safe space as in Party Naked Tiki Bar?

Thoughts?

yes it would. i would get naked my first time on playa for that, even more so with two boothes getting each other wet.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:17 pm

graidawg wrote:
Elliot wrote::?: ...
Thoughts?

yes it would. i would get naked my first time on playa for that, even more so with two boothes getting each other wet.

That's a great idea. And... just last weekend I was at a Renaissance Faire with a feature where two participants threw wet sponges at each other, with the "obstacle" of having to toss the sponges thru holes in a board that separated them, making it a game of (some) skill. This got me thinking that I might upgrade the misting booth to an actual competition between two participants. I will give that some more thought! :D

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Postby graidawg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Elliot wrote:
graidawg wrote:
Elliot wrote::?: ...
Thoughts?

That's a great idea. And... just last weekend I was at a Renaissance Faire with a feature where two participants threw wet sponges at each other, with the "obstacle" of having to toss the sponges thru holes in a board that separated them, making it a game of (some) skill. This got me thinking that I might upgrade the misting booth to an actual competition between two participants. I will give that some more thought! :D

suddenly it get funner.

i love burning man. and i love you elliot.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby VultureChow » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 am

Whoever did the door for the BDC shower this year (Wildman?) had the right idea. There was a female silhouette cut out of the door. Just big enough to peek in if someone was so inclined, small enough to cover with your towel if you prefer the privacy.

I thought that was a nice touch.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby lucky420 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:19 pm

VultureChow wrote:Whoever did the door for the BDC shower this year (Wildman?) had the right idea. There was a female silhouette cut out of the door. Just big enough to peek in if someone was so inclined, small enough to cover with your towel if you prefer the privacy.

I thought that was a nice touch.

Noooooooo! VC I'm a never nude and this just ticked me off. Russel from our camp DWD made the shower but he told me it was at the direction wildman, so that wildman could make sure no one was taking an extra long shower.

Sure wildman, sure :twisted:

well yeah, the towel and clips to cover it (my body)
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Sham

Postby Sham » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Maybe we should move the eplaya M&G to the Party Naked Tiki Bar. They have really good punch! 8)

Return to “2014 Support A Project”