Rootpile Rolling Thunder Bluegrass Stage! (FUNDRAISER)

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
lalaland
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Rootpile!

Rootpile Rolling Thunder Bluegrass Stage! (FUNDRAISER)

Postby lalaland » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:47 pm

We are ROOTPILE, folks that comprise a theme camp at the burn the past 4 years (10 years of regionals prior to that). We love all that is Burning Man, and we want to support more diversity in the styles of music you can find in the dust, so we bring high-quality, professional live Bluegrass music to the Playa!  We are dedicated to exposing more folks to live Bluegrass music and Hillbilly culture and food (moonshine and BBQ!!). Inside our camp, we host Bluegrass lessons daily and concerts (with dinner!) nightly by our professional house band, Black Rock Bluegrass.  

This year we want to expand our offering to the community OUTSIDE of our camp, with The Rootpile Rolling Thunder Bluegrass Stage!! This is a self-contained mobile stage and fire-shooting art car, which will be clad in North Carolina pine logs - like your granny’s front porch! Getting our pros out and about to other camps and spaces is what Rolling Thunder is all about!

Our mission is to bring live Bluegrass somewhere it’s never been, and we are committed to that. We have set a fundraising goal that will be solely dedicated to the construction and transport of Rolling Thunder. Hey, if a guy can raise $55,000 to make potato salad then surely, we can raise the money to bring Bluegrass Music to ALL the dusty masses!!

We appreciate your consideration, and y'all stop by and see us, y'hear!

The Rootpile crew
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad." "How do you know I’m mad?" "You must be, or you wouldn’t have come here.”

lalaland
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Rootpile!

Re: Rootpile Rolling Thunder Bluegrass Stage! (FUNDRAISER)

Postby lalaland » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Some photos of the framework of Rolling Thunder, and a smaller, tamer "inspiration".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked."Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad." "How do you know I’m mad?" "You must be, or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Return to “On-Playa Project Fundraisers”