Advice Booth art piece fundraiser

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
MegasaurusRex
Burning Since: 2013

Advice Booth art piece fundraiser

Post by MegasaurusRex » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 pm

GO FUND ME: https://www.gofundme.com/advice-booth

Advice Booth is a simple interface for burners to give and receive advice. Inspiration for the design of the booth was loosely drawn from the Peanuts cartoon strip; however, the intent of the art piece is to invoke a range of emotions: from playful creativity to soul-exposing introspection. We wanted to put a spin on the traditional “therapy” ideals that are stigmatized in the default world and invite burners to interact with the booth and each other in new and creative ways.

asteroid
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Advice Booth art piece fundraiser

Post by asteroid » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Project Manager? Wow, sounds like y'all are super organized!

I have a soft spot in my heart for advice booths ... I like to sit on the "giving advice" side and wait for people to come by. Dispense some, uh, wisdom.

MegasaurusRex
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Advice Booth art piece fundraiser

Post by MegasaurusRex » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 pm

We are trying to be! First time bringing art to the playa so we want to get it as right as possible :D you're in luck: are are going to be stashing some goodies away for people to interact/play with. Now you'll just have to find the dang thing ;)

Return to “On-Playa Project Fundraisers”