Iron Monkeys' Plaza of Introspectus - bringing the fire back.

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Redux
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Iron Monkeys

Iron Monkeys' Plaza of Introspectus - bringing the fire back.

Post by Redux » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:05 am

Hello!

2019 will mark my 6th year as a member of the Iron Monkeys. I'm eternally grateful for, and inspired by this hardworking band of Blacksmiths based out of Seattle. I also recognise that we couldn't make art happen on Playa without the kind assistance from Burners and benefactors alike.

This year we are hoping to return to what we know best: Big Fire. The Plaza of Introspectus will be a gathering space laid out in the shape of a compass, with a large, propane-fuelled centrepiece - an armillary - that will provide light and warmth at night. Orbiting this will be benches to sit, meet, and chat, and fire zen gardens to play with.

Needless to say we're busy trying to raise funds for materials and fuel.

We've had some fabulous contributions come through already, but we are still hoping to hit our target before the fundraiser ends in three weeks' time, on June 21st. Supporters can get their hands on some unique Iron Monkey reward items, such as hand-made pendants, stickers, bandanas, t-shirts, and canvas prints.

Every dollar is appreciated!

Redux

Re: Iron Monkeys' Plaza of Introspectus - bringing the fire back.

Post by Redux » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:19 am

I just noticed that the link doesn't appear to be working? I hope it's okay to bump this and try adding the link to our fundraiser again. We've only got 6 days left and we may struggle to hit our target...

Thanks to all who have donated already!

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 am

Redux wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:19 am
I just noticed that the link doesn't appear to be working?

I get a blank field, here is the link without embedding

Introspectus
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:14 am

Great!

I've heard of glass, iron and aluminum pours on the playa in the wayback. Any of that done today?
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Redux

Post by Redux » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi!

Not quite sure what you’re referring to, other than the problem of some participants ejecting rubbish and moop out of their vehicles on the way home from the event.

Rest assured, we have been burning for many years and are a camp that takes moop extremely seriously. Should we need to do any drilling or other processes that involve the creation of metal particles, we do so within the confines of our large box truck. We ensure none of our materials shed onto the Playa during setup, maintenance and strike, and we also use magnetic rakes and spend hours de-mooping both our project and camp sites at the end of the event. We regularly pick up individual stray hairs that have either landed or blown into those spaces. We then take all of our camp rubbish and recyclables back with us and dispose of it responsibly. I hope that addresses your concerns.

I also wanted to thank EVERYONE who has kindly donated. We eventually managed to fund our project fully, and are now busy building and preparing for the Burn. Check out Iron Monkey Arts on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see progress photos. :D

Return to “On-Playa Project Fundraisers”