Kite Lost - Hydro Power Kite 9'

Tangent
Burning Since: 2013

Kite Lost - Hydro Power Kite 9'

Postby Tangent » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 am

Hello,
I was separated from my Kite on Temple Burn Night. I sort of lost my shit that night (outside of a pickleback or two I was sober) and that included losing my bike and kite. The kite is a large trainer power kite ( like used for kite-boarding but smaller ) and is in a blue kite shoulder bag. One side of it has this enormous black zipper about 6" long, biggest zipper I've ever seen. Kite is orange and white. The Temple Burn night was it's maiden flight and then I was separated from it and my bike afterwards. I would love to get it back if possible as the flying of the kite had greater meaning for me then just your average kite launch. That being said, the $270 kite can be replaced with money so I'm not getting too hung up on it, just don't have the funds to get a new one right away and I have a chance to try kite-boarding next month and I want to train for it. Can cover shipping of course. I'm in CO. Thanks.

Tangent

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Kite Lost - Hydro Power Kite 9'

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:18 am

Tangent wrote:(outside of a pickleback or two I was sober)

Ah. My husband told me that when he used to pull over drunk drivers they would classically say "I had a couple of beers." Which is what the man who killed him said...

You may not have been shitfaced, but that doesn't mean you weren't drunk.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Tangent

Postby Tangent » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm

You make an important point theCryptofishist. Physical and mental states can have a huge impact on what "sober" is and after a week on the playa two shots of whiskey very well have made me shitfaced. At least I had the foresight to travel on foot. Similarly to when someone accustomed to sea level comes up to the mountains, has two pints of local microbrew, and then wonders why they are blowing over the limit (if they should be so lucky to only have to deal with the consequences of being stopped vs causing harm or death, and yes two pints will make you blow over 0.08), knowing one's body, the environment that it is in, and the influence ANY amount of substance can have is extremely important. I can only glimpse at the perspective you are coming from.

If I may, I would like to edit my previous posting to just say: "I lost my kite."

Any reason, action, causation, or level of sobriety or lack there of which I was under the influence of I will leave to anyone's imagination.

If I was shit faced, I still lost my kite. Did anyone pick one up? Thanks.

Tangent

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:13 am

Maybe it just flew away. That is what kites do after all.

Tangent

Postby Tangent » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 pm

You're right, maybe it needed to go on its own adventure. I would trade the friends I met and the experiences I had that day for a $270 kite most days. If it should fly home, I guess I'll know it wants to be with me. Fly on kite, fly on.

Return to “Lost Bags (Backpacks, Camelbaks, Handbags, Luggage)”