Faux snow-leopard fur coat

Kim Jong Ilo
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Man Kamp

Faux snow-leopard fur coat

Post by Kim Jong Ilo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:23 am

I, Kim Jong Ilo (aka Ilo Kratins), the Dear Leader of the ManKrew, which is the crew builds the Burning Man effigy for the event on your behalf, have lost my coat. :( It's a particularly spectacular, hand-made coat, made for me and made for the playa, made by my sisters at no small cost. It is knee-length on me and I'm 6'3", 205#, not for everyone. It's big and obviously something unique and special.
I lost it riding from 5:30 and F to 8:45 and F on Wednesday evening. Repeated searching turned up no trace. I've placed a public post on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/steeltoe1/posts ... 6425467173 in the hopes that the message will go viral and someone will see it who knows something about the coat. It has a large cowl hood, cuffs and pockets.
Please help me get it back.

Risky

Re: Faux snow-leopard fur coat

Post by Risky » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 am

I know this has been shared all over FB, Ilo.
Hope it makes it back to you.

Kim Jong Ilo

Post by Kim Jong Ilo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah... me too. :(
Pass on the FB post, please, far and wide. Someone knows about this.
The pictures don't seem to show above, so I'll try again.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/54343657@N ... 4/sizes/m/
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/54343657@N ... 6/sizes/m/

Kim Jong Ilo

Post by Kim Jong Ilo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:07 pm

I created and event: "Kim Jong Ilo says: "Find me my damn coat!"" on FB. It's a public event. Invite yourself, invite your friends. This coat is not a ground score, nay nay.

Kim Jong Ilo

LOST: Burning Man effigy-builder's Special Playa Coat

Post by Kim Jong Ilo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Please spread the word on this one. This coat is sooooo not a ground-score. I really want it back. Faux snow-leopard, very large with hood, pockets, and turn-back cuffs. I can't seem to post a picture here. Please "join" my FB event "Kim Jong Ilo says: "Find me my damn coat!" ", invite your friends and ask them to do the same. It was lost along False Idol on Wednesday night, so bonus points for knowing someone camped along F between 5:30 and 8:45. I've got some goodies for those responsible for me getting it back.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: LOST: Burning Man effigy-builder's Special Playa Coat

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 pm

You don't need to post the same thing over and over. If people are looking to return your coat, one thread is enough. I don't know what the "bumping" rate is on lost items, but in other cases it's once a week.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

CrispyDave
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Galaxia Temple

Post by CrispyDave » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Bump and Posted on our FB page as well

Bump & Grind!!!!
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DrYes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Kim Jong Ilo wrote:I, Kim Jong Ilo (aka Ilo Kratins), the Dear Leader of the ManKrew, which is the crew builds the Burning Man effigy for the event on your behalf, have lost my coat. :( It's a particularly spectacular, hand-made coat, made for me and made for the playa, made by my sisters at no small cost. It is knee-length on me and I'm 6'3", 205#, not for everyone. It's big and obviously something unique and special.
I lost it riding from 5:30 and F to 8:45 and F on Wednesday evening. Repeated searching turned up no trace. I've placed a public post on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/steeltoe1/posts ... 6425467173 in the hopes that the message will go viral and someone will see it who knows something about the coat. It has a large cowl hood, cuffs and pockets.
Please help me get it back.
Oi, I feel for you! I have a similar-ish coat in faux cheetah with a faux-leopard lining that is gorgeous, warm, and ever-so-nice-to-stroke.

Return to “Lost Clothing”