Looking for Ambient Drummer

Burning Since: 2013

Looking for Ambient Drummer

Postby PL_FL » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 am

Looking for a fellow ‘Ambient Drummer’ -- playa name was “Donut” (Doughnut?). He is a multi-year veteran burner / ambient-drummer, from the San Diego area I believe. I was in his group, supporting the fire dancers named “Fire Muse Circus” just prior to the man-burn.

Also looking for another member of our group that night, who was taking some video. Don't know his name.

"Nothing Is Written"
(Lawrence of Arabia: after he returns from going back into the Nefud Desert to rescue Gasim)

Burning Since: 2018

Re: Looking for Ambient Drummer

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 am

Looking up Fire Conclave on the main site gets their page in the 2012 AfterBurn (2013 still to come) where I note two San Diego groups: Guardian Alliance, and San Diego Unified Fire Conclave. One of those groups may know him. Good luck!

http://afterburn.burningman.com/12/art/ ... clave.html
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Re: Looking for Ambient Drummer

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 pm

San Diego also has a regional burner email list - that's probably your best bet to get in contact with a lot of us in one go. If this fried pastry-person and/or his group was indeed from SoCal, there's a good chance somebody on the mailing list knows of 'em.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Return to “Lost Humans”