LOST American Passport! Urgent!

Third Eye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Hippocampus

LOST American Passport! Urgent!

Post by Third Eye » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Dear Burners,

While riding our artbus out to the rising sun after burn night, I believe my small shoulder pouch fell off the bus. When I later returned, it was gone. By all accounts the bag is valueless, but just happened to contain my passport in the front pocket (!!!).

Bag Description:

Color: TAN
Size: 8" tall, 6" wide, 8" long (estimates)
Material: Cooler pouch with inner lining to keep drinks cold, etc. With front pouch and shoulder strap/
Location Lost: Roughly between 5:30 and the Man.
Contents: Half-full coconut water bottle, chapstick, Woodford Reserve bottle, AMERICAN PASSPORT for Caleb Slain

Additionally, I have to be in India in 4 weeks to film a documentary for a vitamin initiative, so ANY HELP WOULD BE WAY SEXY. Thank you so crazy much.

Love and glitter riots,

Slain

P.S. This is a very similar looking bag, but mine is tan/sand color with a light liner (instead of green and black).
Image.

ctoscano
Burning Since: 2013

Re: LOST American Passport! Urgent!

Post by ctoscano » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Slain,

Just in case your passport does not come back to you in time, and getting a replacement passport would take just too long rushing it through the post office, you can always go to your regional passport agency.

It is possible for the State Department to issue up to a same day passport. You can read lots of happy stories on the NYC Passport Agency Yelp page.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-york-passpo ... y-new-york

Note: this "Passport Agency" is a federal agency, not a 3rd party. Third parties charge upwards of $300 on top of the rush fees to help you fill out the paperwork and avoid having to stand in line. If you are willing to get there 1.5 to 2 hours before the doors open you can get a passport on the same day without an appointment (just have all your documents in order). Alternatively you can make an appointment if you have a couple of weeks.

Good luck.

-Cesar

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: LOST American Passport! Urgent!

Post by Bless » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Additionally, you can contact your Senators or Representative's offices where a caseworker can help expedite your passport application.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Return to “Lost ID (Drivers Licenses, Passports, Wallets, Purses)”