Found a seated bike, minus the bike

j-bear
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Camp Camp

Found a seated bike, minus the bike

Post by j-bear » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Yeah I found just a bike seat. It was in the middle of the playa on the night the man burned. Tell me the color of the top and bottom, and post a picture of your seatless bike, and we can get in touch.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: Found a seated bike, minus the bike

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 pm

A bike seat?

Oh fuck. The playa is a fucking SEA of abandoned bikes right now! You can have all the seats or complete whole and new-but-dusty bikes you want. They are literally lying in piles. Many piles.
I'm assuming it's from people flying in, buying them in Reno, using them for the week then "donating" them. At least a fair percentage are the correct Huffy beach cruiser that can be turned into yellow bikes.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:The playa is a fucking SEA of abandoned bikes right now! You can have all the seats or complete whole and new-but-dusty bikes you want.
Any Mongoose Beasts?
Wait. I'm 3,000 miles away.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 am

No... somehow those all got taken care of- and if there were any of those abandoned they would be on my trailer right now! But I did ride a few... Tiahaar brought one. Turns out they are pretty damn good playa bikes. They do float through the soft patches.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:15 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:Turns out they are pretty damn good playa bikes.
I love mine for around town. If I don't like how the traffic is unfolding, I just ride up the curb and over whatever ground is there.

Might see some Beast sales in the Walmarts in Reno that were stocking them pre-Burn, if there were any left unsold.
Beasts in Reno, pre-Burn 2013.jpg
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “Found Bikes”