Art Grant Application

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
TrixieLaRue
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp 11:11

Art Grant Application

Postby TrixieLaRue » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:26 am

I'm putting together a proposal for a 2014 art grant but am running into problems with the form itself. I've got the pdf of the on-line form but it doesn't give the character limits for the individual subjects and you can't move forward in the on-line form without putting in information. I've put in placeholders so far but have run into the image section and my images aren't ready yet. Has anyone actually completed the form and have info on the process? I've left messages on the BM Office phone but no one gets back to me. Help!

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Art Grant Application

Postby BBadger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Just fill out the form online for practice and don't hit the final "submit" button to complete it? I've done that with other forms.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Sophi

Postby Sophi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:57 pm

You can't go backwards, and if you start filling it out and you lose internet, it doesn't save anything.

I used the sample pdf provided to fill out my questions ahead of time, then filled out the whole grant all at once.
I liked it better in years past, where there was a pdf application which could be edited and shared by a whole team.

GOOD LUCK!!
Sophi

TrixieLaRue

Postby TrixieLaRue » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Sophi-- Did you run into any other sections, besides the bio, that had a character limit? I'm preparing all my text and budget before I start but I'd like to avoid editing on the fly as I fill in the sections. I did start a sample app to get a sense of it (that's how I found out about the 1000 character limit in the bio) but couldn't move forward past the image section because my images aren't completely finalized. I'm afraid to upload a sample image and then not be able to edit it.
Any help is mucho appreciated!

Sophi

Postby Sophi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:33 am

Hi Trixie,
Yes there are limits to the characters in nearly all of the sections, but I don't remember what they are. You get around 3000 chars each for Philosophical and Physical description.
I had to edit on the fly too.
Once you complete a page, the back button works, so you can flip back through through and edit.
Sophi

TrixieLaRue

Postby TrixieLaRue » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks Sophi! That really helps. I'll plan on leaving plenty of time to fill it all in (and take a chill pill for the process).
Fingers crossed!!!

TrixieLaRue

Postby TrixieLaRue » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 am

If anyone knows the actual character counts allowed in the fields for each section of the grant application, I'd be eternally grateful if you'd share them!

TrixieLaRue

Postby TrixieLaRue » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Okay, I finished my application today (yay!) and here's a list of the character limits for all the applicable sections.
Bio--1000
Philosophical Statement--3000
Physical Description--3500
Changes for Urban Planning--1500
Transportation to playa--200
Leave No Trace plan--2000

All the other sections didn't have character limits.
Other note, for the budget section you need to upload either an excel spreadsheet or a tidy word document, not just enter the information into the application.

Return to “2014 Art & Performance”