Shogyo Mujo

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
Eturnol
Burning Since: 2013

Shogyo Mujo

Postby Eturnol » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 am

What happened to this installation? I never saw it. Was it ever on display?

Nipple
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Shogyo Mujo

Postby Nipple » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm

I was camped by what I THINK was Shogyo Mujo.

They had the projectors up and surrounding where they were building the skull. I don't think they ever got past putting together the jaw and nose area of it. Who knows what happened. It's possible the rains destroyed some of their stuff. They may have bitten off more then they could chew and didn't have enough personel to assemble everything. Maybe some of the required equipment was held up in the massive gate lines during the rain closure. Maybe some of the vital crew is still waiting in line out at Will Call.

They seemed to still be working on it when I went out to the Man Burn. I never put a lazy eye on it after that.

The Playa Denies.

kenspants
Burning Since: 2014

Postby kenspants » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:55 am

I was wondering the same thing. On Sunday or Monday night I thought I saw what looked like a spot on the playa would become several projector stands but then I never saw more. I am sure that the folks building it were more than bummed if it could not be completed. I am just curious what happened or if I just missed it.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:04 am

They had something up and working Saturday night I believe. I wasn't sure if it was entirely built though. It did project some cool stuff that I watched for a while.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:01 am

During the daytime late in the week I saw an entire white face made of triangular pieces (but no back of the skull) that looked rigged a bit like a puppet surrounding by projectors on the 3 o'clock side of inner playa. I made a mental note to come look at it at night and completely forgot.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Nipple
Burning Since: 2017

Postby Nipple » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:34 am

It was really an amazing concept.

I hope they take another run at the desert next year and get the thing fully up and running!

Return to “2014 Art & Performance”