Artists needed for Atelier Mutant Vehicle

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.
marcthegrt
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Lets Go Bananas

Artists needed for Atelier Mutant Vehicle

Postby marcthegrt » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 am

We have created a new mutant vehicle for Caravansary this year. It is called L'Atelier de Wagon; a horseless covered wagon were the sides are covered in various sizes of prepped canvas complete with basic art supplies. We will be traveling around the playa day and night, letting anyone whom wishes to express themselves through paint do so. Our stops will include many of the large scale art pieces, sound camps, local camps. Professional artists are needed to help amateurs along with their skills while creating pieces themselves. The car will provide shade, transportation, good vibes, art supplies, tasty treats, and the amazing whole fruit, the banana. Our car is associated with the theme camp Let's Go Bananas. Alas we did not receive placement this year but we will be in the camp directory at Center Camp. Please look us up or email us at latelierartcar@yahoo.com. We have some artists on board to create but desperately in need of more. Thanks and see you on the playa.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Milk Run At Northern Nights Music Festival

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Re: Artists needed for Atelier Mutant Vehicle

Postby FossaFerox » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:01 am

Do you know roughly what part of town your camp is looking to land grab in? We have several professional artists in my camp, but we also loathe center camp for the most part. We're way more likely to find you by wandering a general sector. :p
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

marcthegrt

Postby marcthegrt » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:07 pm

FossaFerox wrote:Do you know roughly what part of town your camp is looking to land grab in? We have several professional artists in my camp, but we also loathe center camp for the most part. We're way more likely to find you by wandering a general sector. :p

Where will you be camped or where a bouts? I may be able to hone in on your location easier.

We are shooting for the 5-530 line, probably around g,h,i.

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Postby FossaFerox » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:07 am

We're over on E by 9:15 (approximate location) though I haven't yet told the artists in the camp anything about this. They're both virgins and the last thing I want to do is give them an itinerary. Still, here's hoping things line up because I know at least one of them would probably really enjoy painting something. But there's no shortage of artists at the burn so I wouldn't stress about it. If it happens it happens.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:14 am

By turning people loose you might discover the next great artist. Painting boobies for critical tits opened a creative side of me that I dint know existed. Now I explore all kinds of art. If you provide materials and a loving smile people will create!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 am

Love it! Interactive, moving art…..

One thing I thought was, if your out on the open playa, how do you keep paint from spilling on the playa?
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium

marcthegrt

Postby marcthegrt » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Galaxo Magic wrote:Love it! Interactive, moving art…..

One thing I thought was, if your out on the open playa, how do you keep paint from spilling on the playa?

Good question Galaxo. That is the same question BM DMV had. During "painting" time, we will tarp the area that the art car will be parked on. DMV requested this procedure and that is what we must do. L'Atelier is fully dedicated to persevering the playa surface and conforming to the 10 principals. We will also take some of the steps and procedures similar to cleaning up gasoline spills lined out in the Mutant Vehicle owners guide if any paint gets through our defenses. Also, we have very large countertops, 16 inches wide, below the painting surfaces, complete with cup holders to hold onto wet paint brushes, paint pallets, etc.

During our "milk run" at Northern Nights music festival, we only had 8 inch counter tops, with no cup holders in the counter top, and no tarp. We were parked on grass. Upon leaving, I saw very very minimal paint on the area we were parked. All of the team constantly baby-sited our guests whom were painting. We also made sure they were able to paint, meaning, sound mind, not to intoxicated to be effective, etc. Basically played art cop if you will. We did have one incident, drunk young woman, grabbed a spray paint can and went nuts on some beautiful pieces. Now the spray paint is under lock and key as well as other art supplies that can be damaging in a few seconds. Seemed to work out with only four of us taking shifts to insure these standards were met though.

Comments Galaxo? Please any and all will be helpful

Galaxo Magic

Postby Galaxo Magic » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Awesome. i figured you'd need a tarp. You find a spt to stop, throw out the tarp and drive onto it, should work great. I sure hope we see you and get a chance to do some painting!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium

Return to “2014 Mutant Vehicles”