The Green Hour 2014

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

The Green Hour 2014

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 am

I'm happy to announce that, having sat last year out, The Green Hour will be returning to Black Rock City in 2014.

Along with lively conversation and occasional bouts of live music, we will once again serve the coldest root beer on the playa during the heat of the day. When the setting sun turns the mountains the color of fire, come sample our 1855-recipe twice-distilled absinthe and join us as we toast that magical time on the playa:

L'Heure Verte... The Green Hour!

In addition, our special guest, Der Rote Baron will return the playa in his distinctive red tri-plane, terrorizing wayward land zeppelins and all things steampunk in search of a certain legendary World War One Flying Ace rumored to haunt the root beer halls behind enemy lines. And rescuing stranded bikes. For some reason, the scourge of the skies has a hard-on for rescuing stranded cyclists, and then impressing upon them the medicinal benefits of root beer served cold as the Kaiser's nuts straight out of the cowl of his airplane.

See you in BRC!

-gatt
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Re: The Green Hour 2014

Post by Elliot » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:22 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:...
In addition, our special guest, Der Rote Baron will return the playa in his distinctive red tri-plane, terrorizing wayward land zeppelins ...
Say vatt?! Der Rode Baronen?! Arm der Sekret Veppon!!!

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:01 pm

" Arm der Sekret Veppon!!!"

Eh... Hmm... *loosens collar nervously*... the Red Baron sends his regards and says you guys should probably be on the same team.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:08 pm

NEWS FLASH..............Peace breaks out at Burning Man!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

trilobyte
Site Admin
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Hooray for the Green Hour!

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 am

FIGJAM wrote:NEWS FLASH..............Peace breaks out at Burning Man!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scheisse!

(Next come references to the Sopwith Camel aircraft of that era.) :wink:

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:I'm happy to announce that, having sat last year out, The Green Hour will be returning to Black Rock City in 2014.

Along with lively conversation and occasional bouts of live music, we will once again serve the coldest root beer on the playa during the heat of the day. When the setting sun turns the mountains the color of fire, come sample our 1855-recipe twice-distilled absinthe and join us as we toast that magical time on the playa:

L'Heure Verte... The Green Hour!

In addition, our special guest, Der Rote Baron will return the playa in his distinctive red tri-plane, terrorizing wayward land zeppelins and all things steampunk in search of a certain legendary World War One Flying Ace rumored to haunt the root beer halls behind enemy lines. And rescuing stranded bikes. For some reason, the scourge of the skies has a hard-on for rescuing stranded cyclists, and then impressing upon them the medicinal benefits of root beer served cold as the Kaiser's nuts straight out of the cowl of his airplane.

See you in BRC!

Great. You are one of the camps I really wanted to check out in 2012 but I never made it. As it turned out you weren't too far from our village either.

See you this year for sure!

-gatt
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Elliot wrote:
FIGJAM wrote:NEWS FLASH..............Peace breaks out at Burning Man!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scheisse!

(Next come references to the Sopwith Camel aircraft of that era.) :wink:
While we were waiting in line for DMV in 2012 we got asked if we were Nazis. *facepalm* I replied that all of the Nazis are out at D Lot.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:06 am

There are quite a few space cadets out there.. last year I had someone mistake my playa-colored jumpsuit that was covered in awesome patches I'd collected over the years (from camps and art projects) think it was some kind of military uniform.

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:26 pm

We had a total of nine campmates this year, on the 9 o'clock Portal next to Moon Cheese. Moon Cheese were awesome neighbors...love them all!...but I couldn't ask for a better crew than the one we had this year. No dues, no expectations, no planned meals, no drama, no bullshit; Dean made breakfast every morning, JnJ broke out sno-cone makers, mimosas, Playa Root Tonic... everybody participated to the best of their abilities and brought everything the could for the benefit of the camp. Perfect. Our visitors, guests, new friends, Placement, the Rangers, Emergency Services who helped us with an injury... way to go, everybody!

In other news, I got to meet FIGJAM!!

Sorry I didn't make it to the Meet & Greet... it coinicided with the hour that I serve absinthe. We were doing it all wrong the first part of the week; by Friday we learned to load all the booze, glasses and implements in the Red Baron vehicle.

During the course of the week a piece of the airplane came off, and while my merry crew were serving absinthe and Playa Monkeys at the Man fire on Sunday evening, ('cause it was still burning), I found a piece of the Man on the playa. I picked it up, put it in the MV, took the wooden piece of the tri-plane that had broken off, and threw it into the Man fire.

See you in 2016.

Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Madgirl » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I was camped just next door to the other side, over at Camp Above the Limit. Thanks for being such great neighbors! The absinthe was wonderful and that root beer...so damn tasty. Will definitely be tracking you guys down next time :D
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:22 pm

I found the Green Hour by chasing down the Red Baron and asking for directions. The root beer was frosty cold - I finished off that keg and came back later in the week for more, when I received a lovely set of shotglasses. The hostesses were kind and the bar top map was fun, too. Really happy to finally find you guys; thanks for the good times :)
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:08 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:During the course of the week a piece of the airplane came off, and while my merry crew were serving absinthe and Playa Monkeys at the Man fire on Sunday evening, ('cause it was still burning), I found a piece of the Man on the playa. I picked it up, put it in the MV, took the wooden piece of the tri-plane that had broken off, and threw it into the Man fire.
Perhaps I saw another mini Red Baron car out there, but at some point I could swear I saw it driving around without any wings at all. I enjoyed your camp in 2012 and hoped that nothing ill had befallen the mightiest of the mini MVs.

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:23 pm

maladroit wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:During the course of the week a piece of the airplane came off, and while my merry crew were serving absinthe and Playa Monkeys at the Man fire on Sunday evening, ('cause it was still burning), I found a piece of the Man on the playa. I picked it up, put it in the MV, took the wooden piece of the tri-plane that had broken off, and threw it into the Man fire.
Perhaps I saw another mini Red Baron car out there, but at some point I could swear I saw it driving around without any wings at all. I enjoyed your camp in 2012 and hoped that nothing ill had befallen the mightiest of the mini MVs.
Yay! There was another one out there... Ein Albatross Doppledecker!! ...that had very stubby wings. I never got to meet the owner; was hoping to do a formation flight through Center Camp or somewhere. They did a beautiful and fairly-authentic job with the fuselage.

Here's a photo that Sara took of ours in front of our camp, grounded during a white-out. -chris
Attachments
GreenHourRB2014bySara.jpg

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Wow Zaphod!! It looks great! Your avatar doesn't quite do it justice. You chose some really fun proportions in the design.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Such a great pic, Zaphod!

Return to “2014 Theme Camps”