In search of a plot of land

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.
Anelisamichelle
Burning Since: 2009

In search of a plot of land

Postby Anelisamichelle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Howdy Burners! As the title says, I am looking for a plot of land.
What this means is...
I am a Greeter with an early entry pass which will let me in on Thursday. As of last year, anyone arriving early not placed with a theme camp, mustn't camp any closer to the man than G. This isn't close enough for me. If I had my dream location, it would be somewhere between 8:30 and 9:15, C and E.
So this brings me to my proposal. Are there any camps out there somewhere within this vicinity (although doesn't have to be exact) who might have a little extra land, who also might need an extra person to help them set up pre-event?
I am looking for a camp who wouldn't mind having a neighbor within their boundaries, but I don't want to use your kitchen, your power, your....etc. This will be my 6th Burn, and 2nd year greeting. I've been heavily involved in building an art car, a theme camp, and was the Earth Guardian contact for said camp. All that being said, I can handle my crap, am an avid de-mooper, and will bring you nothing but good vibes. I've got a car, a tent, and an EZ up. That's it.

I'd love to show my gratitude by helping you set up your camp. I have greeters shifts every day so we would need to discuss ahead of time what the expectations are, (as far as time and such) but I think this could be a mutually beneficial experience.

I would especially love it if the camp were into some form of healing arts or self discovery, or a fun bunch of goofy prpranksters, but I am open to all possibilities.

Thank you!

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Re: In search of a plot of land

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:07 am

If that doesn't work out, you could just move when it becomes open-season. There's no rule against moving.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

Anelisamichelle

Postby Anelisamichelle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 am

Very true. But a lot of work. That was the plan last year but it didn't work out so well...

Anelisamichelle

Postby Anelisamichelle » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:02 am

Did I mention I'm a really hard worker...? ;)

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Is anyone going to say: Hey, I won't do a lick of work, bring me a mint julep, stat?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “2014 Theme Camps”