Driving from The Pacific Northwest to BRC? Camp for Free

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Driving from The Pacific Northwest to BRC? Camp for Free

Postby wedeliver » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:25 pm

If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest we wish to gift you a place to stay and rest on your way to Black Rock City. We have offered free camping to people going and coming since 2006 and again this year 2014. For those who have never been here, we are located 60 miles south of Klamath Falls, Oregon in California just off California Hwy 139.

Here is our gift to you. A place to camp (free), rest (free), prep your mutant vehicle (free) and just relax in a safe secure, privately owned, property. In the past years we have closed the RV park to only burners but we have found that people staying here love meeting burners and learning all about Burning Man. We have bathroom facilities with showers if you need it. Our water comes from a well that is over 300' deep and the water is great, better then bottled I would think. We can fill a 50 gallon drum in less then 5 minutes and the water is a gift to you.

Early entry folks, Rangers, Med Staff, Fire folks, Theme camps all welcome. Some people like to stay here from Friday and leave to arrive at sunrise on Monday morning. Naturally the same thing goes for on your way home after the event.

In 2011 we stopped counting at 500 people and that was on Sunday afternoon, I figure another couple hundred came after that. A lot of people come in late at night, take a shower get some sleep and head on out again. Other people stay longer as I said above. We kinda leave it to you guys to not make a mess and Burners live up to that request!!
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Driving from The Pacific Northwest to BRC? Camp for Free

Postby Savannah » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Thank you as always, Wedeliver, for such a marvelous gift. :D
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Such a generous offer! One of these days we are going to go on a road trip out that way and look forward to visiting.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby ygmir » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:33 pm

as always, a generous gift, for the traveler. Thank you, WD!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby tatonka » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:49 pm

was a great stop over last year ")
" Make me strong , not to be superiour to my brothers , to fight my greatest enemy ....... myself . " Chief Dan George .

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 am

You wrote directions for last year.. I printed them and left them on the desk..

I saw you clean a road signs.. Turned around twice to back track..

I must be dumber than a brick..

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 am

shoot man, I was waiting to meet you. You were so close. Try again?

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 am

wd, you and Barbara were such gracious hosts! I had the chance to meet some wonderful new burners last year! I'll be seeing you this year! The Eagles Nest was a very nice respite from driving for hours!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

gypsymonkey

Postby gypsymonkey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Howdy from the Gypsymonkeys and the cat car!! You guys rock, see you again this year!!! :)
Living the dream!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Should have tried to find you guys last year on the way home, frankly. Klamath Falls was a miserable place to find a hotel room on Labor Day at 6am without a reservation. (It took over an hour). I left the Burn earlier than I expected, and hadn't tried to stop in that town in a number of years . . . lesson learned.
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 am

Savannah wrote:Should have tried to find you guys last year on the way home, frankly. Klamath Falls was a miserable place to find a hotel room on Labor Day at 6am without a reservation. (It took over an hour). I left the Burn earlier than I expected, and hadn't tried to stop in that town in a number of years . . . lesson learned.

Awww, I also wish you had found us. Most of the folks who stop by are on their way to Burningman but we do get a lot who stop on their way home and we love that also. If you are going through Klamath Falls the road past us is the same as the other two options, 395 and Lakeview, Or. Eagle's Nest RV Park is only 2 miles off the Hwy 139 so it is very easy to stop here and from here it is 160 miles to Black Rock City. And this goes for the other direction also, going home can be even harder then going to BurningMan if one has not had a lot of sleep all week. So some folks pull in and we don't see anyone for 12 to 20 hours while they get some much needed rest. We actually bought this RV Park just because of its location for Burners to stop here.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

NZRaven
Burning Since: 2014

Postby NZRaven » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 am

Wow this is an amazing gift...we will be travelling from the Pacific Northwest to BRC and attending Burning Man for the first time, so we hope we will be able to make it there to stay and meet fellow burners. :D

kowtow

Postby kowtow » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 am

wedeliver - Can we/should we make reservations now for this years burn? I know you would like to gift this to burners, but I would really like to make a reservation and pay just for your incredible hospitality. Besides I would as like to have hookups and some comforts before spending the next week on the playa. -Thanks again

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:10 am

kowtow wrote:wedeliver - Can we/should we make reservations now for this years burn? I know you would like to gift this to burners, but I would really like to make a reservation and pay just for your incredible hospitality. Besides I would as like to have hookups and some comforts before spending the next week on the playa. -Thanks again

Some folks do like to have electric and that is the one thing we cannot afford to give as a gift. We have meters at all the spaces so we request that if you need to hook up we read the meter and you reimburse us at the same rate that we pay Pacific Power. We have no wish to make a profit from you guys, I have so much fun and meet some great people which is my reward.

Now as to reservations, it is probably a good idea to give us a heads up if you have special needs. Some larger groups that come through let us know so we can make the flow smooth. Although we will always have space and this year I am preparing a couple more acres.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:13 am

For myself, I have everything I need to day camp.. So my needs would be a parking space..

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:44 am

unjonharley wrote:For myself, I have everything I need to day camp.. So my needs would be a parking space..

So your needs are easily met! I look forward to meeting you if you are able to stop here.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Koi Kichi
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Postby Koi Kichi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:21 am

Thank you so much for your more than generous offer. We are 2nd year burners but 1st year stopping to enjoy your hospitality. We are looking forward to being part of the burner community on our way to and maybe on the way back home from Burning Man. Thanks again.

Finnegan

Postby Finnegan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:47 pm

What a fantastic gift! You guys rock!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

Fidget

Postby Fidget » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:31 pm

We'll be driving down from Vancouver again this year and would absolutely -love- to take you guys up on this!
We stayed in the Klamanth falls Walmart parking lot last year.. it was... an adventure haha.
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Fidget wrote:We'll be driving down from Vancouver again this year and would absolutely -love- to take you guys up on this!
We stayed in the Klamanth falls Walmart parking lot last year.. it was... an adventure haha.

As of right now.. I plan to be there Friday night.. Then take in the county fair in Cedarville Sat. about noon.. They serve a nice meal to the seniors..From there, head out to a gravel pit half way to Gelach (40 miles).. Sleep in a little Sunday morning.. About noon go in to the dump road above Gerlach, Set up the coffee pot
And watch the traffic to Black rock city.. Around three o clock drive to the gate and into the D lot.. Break out some food, drink, music and party until 6:00

BigInSeattle

Postby BigInSeattle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:01 am

Fidget wrote:We'll be driving down from Vancouver again this year and would absolutely -love- to take you guys up on this!

I was thinking of staying at the WalMart as an option just in case I couldn't find anything else. Was there a problem or something? I just want to know what to look out for. Right now, I think this generous offer at the R V park is my currentl plan but want to keep my bases covered.

Fidget

Postby Fidget » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Nothing major other than being bathed in the stark glow of the Walmart sign all night and having some erroneous experiences with the staff there.
There was an up side though! When we were sitting in the RV in the parking lot, having a couple drinks and generally being excited about the following day, a guy who was parked next to us towing a U-Haul truck, opened up his trailer and handed us a case of beer stating "I know where you guys are headed, let me be the first to gift you something!". It was a pretty great experience, especially considering we were already pretty worked up!
It got us thinking though that it would have been nice to have camped or convoyed in with other burners, so this is offer is just amazing. :)

As a side note - if you ARE thinking of stocking up at the Klamanth Falls Walmart be warned that the shelves were picked clean when we got there of pretty much anything that would be of use. This year all we are going to get en route is water (we wanted to do this as close to Gerlach as possible to avoid the additional weight strain on the gas tank) and not bother with a big shop.

BigInSeattle wrote:

I was thinking of staying at the WalMart as an option just in case I couldn't find anything else. Was there a problem or something? I just want to know what to look out for. Right now, I think this generous offer at the R V park is my currentl plan but want to keep my bases covered.
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

BigInSeattle

Postby BigInSeattle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Cool. Thanks! I'll keep it in the mix as a back-up plan.

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Postby Monkeystyle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:25 am

Thats an amazing gift that i am sure im going to take you up on. My friend and i are planning on doing a two week road trip through western canada and the pacific north west leading up to burning man so a place to.stay and clean up befor the burn would be greatly loved by that point.

spiralout283

Postby spiralout283 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:29 pm

2014 will be my first burn; I had my ticket and everything last year but suffered a grievous and unfortunate fire spinning accident and was unable to make it. I would love to stop by on our way down and meet some people, possibly find a camp to join. I will be doing workshops on making fire performance equipment both homemade and with Kevlar wicking, and can give beginner-intermediate poi spinning tips. It would be great to stop by and talk to some seasoned burners on my way down. I'm not exactly sure what my travel schedule will be, but I would love to stop by on the way down nonetheless. Will you be posting directions when the burn is sooner on the horizon, or how should I contact you? Just via ePlaya?

Also, would it be possible to perhaps drive down to your location, park my car there and ride with another group to the playa? I could offer trades or something of the sort to keep my car there during the burn, I'm just a bit worried about how my car will function after a week on the playa.

Thanks,

Branches

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Postby Monkeystyle » Tue May 06, 2014 10:01 pm

google eagles nest rv park California. Google maps gave pretty good directions.

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 am

spiralout283 wrote:2014 will be my first burn; I had my ticket and everything last year but suffered a grievous and unfortunate fire spinning accident and was unable to make it. I would love to stop by on our way down and meet some people, possibly find a camp to join. I will be doing workshops on making fire performance equipment both homemade and with Kevlar wicking, and can give beginner-intermediate poi spinning tips. It would be great to stop by and talk to some seasoned burners on my way down. I'm not exactly sure what my travel schedule will be, but I would love to stop by on the way down nonetheless. Will you be posting directions when the burn is sooner on the horizon, or how should I contact you? Just via ePlaya?

Also, would it be possible to perhaps drive down to your location, park my car there and ride with another group to the playa? I could offer trades or something of the sort to keep my car there during the burn, I'm just a bit worried about how my car will function after a week on the playa.

Thanks,

Branches

If you wish to leave your car here while you go to BRC would be fine and your vehicle would be very safe.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 am

spiralout283 wrote:2014 will be my first burn; I had my ticket and everything last year but suffered a grievous and unfortunate fire spinning accident and was unable to make it. I would love to stop by on our way down and meet some people, possibly find a camp to join. I will be doing workshops on making fire performance equipment both homemade and with Kevlar wicking, and can give beginner-intermediate poi spinning tips. It would be great to stop by and talk to some seasoned burners on my way down. I'm not exactly sure what my travel schedule will be, but I would love to stop by on the way down nonetheless. Will you be posting directions when the burn is sooner on the horizon, or how should I contact you? Just via ePlaya?

Thanks,

Branches

If you wish to leave your car here while you go to BRC would be fine and your vehicle would be very safe.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Postby wedeliver » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:29 am

It is getting closer to the event and I just want to say how excited we are about this year. The grass is looking great, VERY SOFT for sleeping. We look forward to you all stopping here. The "bug station" California State Inspection Station has reopened and I will post a better information piece at some other place so you don't have to give up your fruits and veggies you are taking to Nevada. Oh boy, not that long to go...

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

maryanimal

Postby maryanimal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 am

I'll be stopping in again this year! It's a great place to relax and meet new burners. wedeliver and his wife Barb run and awesome place! It's a great rest stop on the way to the playa!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Return to “2014 Share Resources”