Rideshare from San Francisco to BRC

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Suzylove
Burning Since: 2013

Rideshare from San Francisco to BRC

Post by Suzylove » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi there!

I don't know if now is too soon to ask but thought sooner better than later!

2013 was my first time at Burning Man and it was absolutely magical I'm returning again! This time I'm planning to camp rather than do the RV thing but slightly concerned about transportation. Last year, I went via Reno but I'm hoping to be in a nicer spot and possibly spend a few days surfing before going to the Playa...so San Francisco seems like a great idea!

I was wondering if anyone has plans to drive from San Fran to BRC this year and whether I could hitch a ride? I'm thinking of getting a used bike so ideally there would be some space for that. Other than that, I'm just planning to bring a cabin baggage and some water so won't take up too much space! Getting a ride to and fro would be great but if that's difficult, I'll take one way and try and sort myself out the other way! I'll of course pitch in the petrol costs and cleaning (on the way back).

I look forward to your replies and hope to see you all out there in the Playa soon! Just over 6 months away!!

Love
Suzy
'I have been one acquainted with the night.'' Robert Frost

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Re: Rideshare from San Francisco to BRC

Post by danibel » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm

I don't know if the Burner Express infer for 2014 has been posted yet, but I think that would be a good option for you. They had buses leaving from San Francisco last year. I heard all good things about this way to travel to the burn.

Here is a link to the 2013 information, and it even states how to get in on the information for this year:

http://www.burningman.com/preparation/t ... wKB13maBSU

Two nice things about going this way - no vehicle fee, and express lane off the highway to the gate and greeters.

Good luck!
In dust we trust.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Suzy, you're a Barbiebarian right? Shoot me an email and I'll take it from there. Membership has its privileges.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 pm

The Burner Express info for 2014 has not yet been posted. That, as well as the Burning Man rideshare boards would be excellent things to consider once they open up a little later in the season. One key thing that rideshare posts generally ought to have are your travel dates. Do you have to be there (or leave) on a specific date, or are you flexible? If you don't really know just yet, make sure you circle back and fill in the blanks once you know.

Suzylove

Post by Suzylove » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:14 am

Thanks guys for all your replies. I was sort of aware of the Burner Express bus but wasn't sure whether a bike would be feasible - from the website I don't think they would allow that.

In terms of dates, I'm pretty flexible though ideally I would like to leave 1-2 days before the festival (Saturday/Sunday) starts and leave on the Saturday/Sunday/Monday when it ends.

Fingers crossed someone replies me here or I'll try the rideshare boards when they come up. I'm guessing when I join a theme camp, I might be able to sort stuff out with the folks at the camp.

Thanks again!!!

mrmeisel86
Burning Since: 2014

Post by mrmeisel86 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:20 pm

If I am traveling with a large group in two or three separate RV's, what can I do to guarantee we park next to each other? I have no idea what the parking situation is like. Do we get assigned our spot upon arrival?

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Easy.
In short, it's a free-for-all, except where the space is reserved for placed camps.
There will be tons of room. Go look at the satellite photos.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Suzylove

Post by Suzylove » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Got my ticket and arranged to pick up a bike on the playa so no sweat there. However if anyone sees this post and can offer a ride from SF to BRC, I will just have one cabin baggage,tent,sleeping bag, and water!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 am

There are options. Summary viewtopic.php?f=286&t=68465
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Taz
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Safer Sex

Post by Taz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 pm

I plan on renting a van. Do you know who you are camping with? If I take you up it will have to be on my schedule and my terms. Contact me if you think it will work.

moesw

Post by moesw » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:49 am

Hello,

We are driving from San Fransisco to BRC, and there are a few seats free in the car.
If anyone wants to join us, send me a message.

Willem
These Boots Are Made for Walking

maedhbhy

Post by maedhbhy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Hey! :-)
There are two of us coming from Ireland to spend a few days in San Francisco before going to BRC and we would love a ride there if there's anything going! :-D

Taz
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Safer Sex

Post by Taz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 pm

If you ride with me you'd have to meet my schedule, have all appropriate passes (ticket, early arrival) and fit the space requirements (legally only 1 seat besides the driver) . Have to have an agreeable pick up location.

Return to “2014 Share Resources”